cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make a local call because it is telling me it is long distance

mark2010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a province-wide calling plan, but when I try to call my friend's number, which is a local number (the same Toronto area code as my own), I get the following message:

"Sorry we cannot complete your call, you don't have an active long distance add on..."

it continues on asking me to purchase the appropriate add on.

My father, who is also on Public Mobile with the province wide plan, got the same message as well, calling his friend in the the same city.

I don't think that this problem is rampant, but how do I get this problem resolved? Province Wide Calling should mean province wide and I shouldn't have to add anything more to call within the same city.

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shawnz wrote:

I got same problem and I never got solution now.

I feel very sad.Man Embarassed

I am living in Calgary, and I use Publicmobile to call my wife's number (Calgary local phone). but the voice speak from my phone: This is a long distance call....

If you listen to the recording and stay on the line will it connect anyway?

@shawnzIt would easier for people to see you if you start your own thread. Log into your selfserve account here. Check the status of your plan. If everything looks good, you will need to communicate with the @CS_Agent by clicking on the top right hand envelope icon and send them a message.. do note they will reply via the same manner and your envelope will have a red number on it.

shawnz

I got same problem and I never got solution now.

I feel very sad.Man Embarassed

I am living in Calgary, and I use Publicmobile to call my wife's number (Calgary local phone). but the voice speak from my phone: This is a long distance call....

mark2010

Hi,

I never got my issue resolved. There is a newish Area Code in Toronto that I cannot call. The area code is 437 and calling it, or receiving from a 647 number doesn't appear to work because it says it is long distance.

Public Mobile needs to add all NPXs for the new 437 Area Code to their translations table.  It's not a hard job, but the provisioning team just needs to do this.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You probably shouldn't provide too much personal information online, but what area code is your phone #, what area code are you trying to call, and what area code are you in when people calling you get no answer? I would think it should go to voicemail in the latter case though I've never had province-wide with PM (since they don't include calls from Ottawa to Gatineau in province-wide, yes I know it's a different province but it should be included).

=aw

BevB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After putting in the number I want to call a message comes on that says "you dont have access to long distance"  etc.  When someone trys to call me they get a busy signal,   Bev

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BevB what is the message you get when calling. Is it call can't be completed or long distance charges may apply?

If the second add a 1 to the number. If the first message mods with the number you are dialing.

BevB

I am having the same problem.  Did you get this resolved?..Bev

mark2010

Thank you for responding so promptly.  Yes, I tried adding the country code first, but no cigar....

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mark2010  You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they can look into your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number, and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

chandlerparsons

Btw, check if you can upgrade to a Canada wide calling at the same price. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It is probably worth messaging the mods with the details of the numbers that are causing issues. The numbers being dialed are they new area codes or exchanges?

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you try to add +1 before phone number?

Need Help? Let's chat.