cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make a call

nal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I have a number registered in Ottawa/Hull because living in gatineau.  Unfortunaletaly I'm not able to call in Quebec. Can you help me?

thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

@nal There is no such area code as Ottawa/Hull; you will have either a PQ area code, or an Ontario area code. As long as you have only provincial calling there will be restrictions. So if you are 819/873, you cannot call 613/343 for free; nor vice versa.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

nal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I really agree with you that's why I need to know how to deal with

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you use hangout dialer you can call CA/US free just make sure to verify your number in account setting so that your number shows up otherwise it'll say private number.

Let's remember that it makes no difference where your phone number is from for when you are making outgoing calls.  Your phone number could have been from Vancouver or Whitehorse and it would have all been the same.

The problem with the capital region has to do with its close proximity to a provincial border.  While you are in the province of Quebec, whether you have a phone number from Ottawa, Toronto, or Winnipeg, you are supposed to be able to call any other phone number in Quebec and it should be covered under provincial calling.

The Public Mobile billing system is likely having you as being connnected to a cell tower in the province of Ontario, and when you try to make a call to another phone number to Gatineau or Montreal (or any other city in Quebec), it is getting registered as a Canada-wide long distance call, for which is not included with a provincial callilng plan.  That doesn't make it right;  I'm just saying what is probably going on.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@nal just get a free calling and texting app called fongo with a Quebec number and then you can call Quebec for free. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@nalwrote:

Hi

I have a number registered in Ottawa/Hull because living in gatineau.  Unfortunaletaly I'm not able to call in Quebec. Can you help me?

thanks.

@nal

Have you just activated an account with Public Mobile?

As @matbasm mentioned it's one of the short comings of Public Mobile's provincial plans that, what would be considered local calls on a land line, requires a long distance add-on if the call crosses the provincial border.

If you call cross-provincial-border more than 400 minutes in 90days you are better off with Canada wide calling (the cost of the 400minutes long distance add-on is $15, Canada wide calling adds $5/30days or $15/90days to the provincial calling plan).

If you have just signed up you should get in touch  with the moderators and ask for help with switching your plan. Please be aware that they are busier than usual and have left the office for today, but, working on a first come first serve basis, they will get back to you asap tomorrow morning.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, PIN, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nal, Do you have a provincial plan or a canada wide plan.  if it is a provincial plan and you have an Ontario number, you cannot call to Quebec without a long distance add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.