cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: I can't believe that I just gave up Fall Promo 2016!

@computergeek541@z10user4

 

I too gave up on the idea of switching of the Fall 2016 Promo.  My last renewal was almost covered by 2 $25 friend referrals, and Community Rewards of $40, and $21 in loyalty and 3-90 reoccurring friend rewards.

 

I'm currently in a situation where changing plans no longer makes sense as I was looking for a smaller payment.  I current level of rewards is enough to for me to continue on my FULL LTE plan, and I don't feel bad about it being more than I need (I still am at only 9% data usage with 51 days remaining).

 

As mentioned by computergeek, the rewards are keeping me here, as nowhere else can I get such a deal, and the deals offered by Virgin and Fido do not strike me as being worth it, as the rewards they offer me, are not available where I live and visit.

Oracle

Re: I can't believe that I just gave up Fall Promo 2016!

The differences between 3G and LTE vary from location to location.  At work, 3G only works for phone calls.  The latency on 3G is about as bad as the Freedom network.  LTE is only barely better.  I work in a Faraday cage.  For me, switching has never really crossed my mind.  The loss of rewards in the transition is an additional disincentive for switching. 

Oracle

Re: I can't believe that I just gave up Fall Promo 2016!


@kav2001c wrote:

Really the only negative I see in giving up "the plan" is you will probably be excluded on any future Koodo migration offers

If you managed to resist them all so far I doubt the next round is going to make you lose any sleep

 


I doubt this matters anymore.  I think Public Mobile knows those who are willing to leave have left already.  Those remaining customers will never switch. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: I can't believe that I just gave up Fall Promo 2016!


@will13am wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

Really the only negative I see in giving up "the plan" is you will probably be excluded on any future Koodo migration offers

If you managed to resist them all so far I doubt the next round is going to make you lose any sleep

 


I doubt this matters anymore.  I think Public Mobile knows those who are willing to leave have left already.  Those remaining customers will never switch. 


Except for all of those who recently switched with the hope of getting a migration offer

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: I can't believe that I just gave up Fall Promo 2016!

@computergeek541, lol nice to see your complete rationale on your decision making.  At the end of the day it pays for convenience and piece of mind.  Now data usage is never a question.  I think you made the right decision, plus with the increased community rewards, I'm sure you can get your price point down a good amount anyways, since you're very active here.  

 

Also, as you already mentioned, you can change your plan if you don't think it's worth it anymore, and with the amount of promo deals PM puts on every few months, I'm sure you'll be able to find a more suitable plan if this one doesn't work out.  The current $40 promo plan has been on the longest "limited time" I've ever seen in my life, lol.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: I can't believe that I just gave up Fall Promo 2016!

@computergeek541

I had to bite and migrated a few lines over to Koodo

 

$40 for 8GB, Canada wide + 1000 intl long distance minutes

-$15 bill credits (12 months)

 

-$100 refer credits (5 months x2) [all self refer]

 

So net plan cost is $960 ($40 x 24) - $180 ($15 x 12) - $100 ($10 x 5 x 2)

= $680

 

Then throw on TAB promo

iPhone 8 $360 ($15 x 24 month) - $150 ($25 x 6 month) - $100 (Walmart gift card)

= $110

 

$680 + $110 = $790 (24M) for an Avg cost of $33 (rounded up) per month

The phone alone was worth more than what I am paying for phone + service for next 2 years

 

Re: I can't believe that I just gave up Fall Promo 2016!

@will13am, there are no reward loses in the switch between the 90- and 30-day cycles on a plan change.

 

The AutoPay $2 per 30-day (3x $6) is applied when you renew for buying another 90-day cycle.  If you only renew the 30-day, you only get $2.  This also applies for the loyalty, and friend referrals, as they are all based on a 30- or 90-day cycle.

 

The Community Rewards are left untouched, as they are based on Monthly rewards, and are applied throughout the cycle, and not just at renewal date.

Oracle

Re: I can't believe that I just gave up Fall Promo 2016!


@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, there are no reward loses in the switch between the 90- and 30-day cycles on a plan change.

 

The AutoPay $2 per 30-day (3x $6) is applied when you renew for buying another 90-day cycle.  If you only renew the 30-day, you only get $2.  This also applies for the loyalty, and friend referrals, as they are all based on a 30- or 90-day cycle.

 

The Community Rewards are left untouched, as they are based on Monthly rewards, and are applied throughout the cycle, and not just at renewal date.


We have had the discussion before.  I treat the transition as resulting in a loss.  Up to you how you wish to interpret things.  Bottom line is I have never had any strong intentions on changing plans.  So, no real impact one way or the other. 

Re: I can't believe that I just gave up Fall Promo 2016!


@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, there are no reward loses in the switch between the 90- and 30-day cycles on a plan change.

 

The AutoPay $2 per 30-day (3x $6) is applied when you renew for buying another 90-day cycle.  If you only renew the 30-day, you only get $2.  This also applies for the loyalty, and friend referrals, as they are all based on a 30- or 90-day cycle.

 

The Community Rewards are left untouched, as they are based on Monthly rewards, and are applied throughout the cycle, and not just at renewal date.


We have had the discussion before.  I treat the transition as resulting in a loss.  Up to you how you wish to interpret things.  Bottom line is I have never had any strong intentions on changing plans.  So, no real impact one way or the other. 


I too thought that, but realized that there really is no loss.  Those loyatly, autopay, and referal rewards are multiplied by 3 when you're on  a 90 day plan.  The fact that they suddenly get chopped into one third doesn't matter.  On a 30 day plan, you"ll get the reward paid every 30 days.  On the 90 day plan, those rewards are trippled and take effect earlier to counter your plan fees.   However, with the 30 day plans, while those rewards have been chopped in a third as displayed in your account, you will be getting to use rewards on the second and third set of 30 days.  Those 2 extra "payments"/application of these rewards means that you end up get exactly the same discount over 90 days whether you're on a 30 or 90 day plan.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: I can't believe that I just gave up Fall Promo 2016!

I agree with @computergeek541