cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not use the data add-on

nolonger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data in plan is out, and I purchase an add-on which is shown in my profile. But I can not use data service any more. I did not change any phone or SIM config.

8 REPLIES 8

@acslaper 

The only thing that takes more than maybe a minute to change in your account is a scheduled change plan on next renewal. Everything else should work right away. If it doesn't then a reboot will usually fix the problem.

acslaper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It sometimes takes up to 24 hours for any changes made to you're account to take effect

KamP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Normally it works right away. Some time turning off data and turn on data will make it start working. Try it. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nolonger 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $ ?

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

or you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings

Spoiler
for IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do again Rebooting your phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nolonger   Try reboot your phone once.

Also, any chance your phone has setup a Mobile data limit?  Android has this, it will stop further data consumption when the limit is reached.  Make sure that is not what stopping your data.

Also, when you login to My Account, you see the data add-on you just purchased there showing up at My Data & Add-ons  ??

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@nolonger wrote:

My data in plan is out, and I purchase an add-on which is shown in my profile. But I can not use data service any more. I did not change any phone or SIM config.

@nolonger   Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nolonger : Well you've been here a while. Can we assume you've done both steps of buying an add-on? Can we assume you have your cellular data on? Can we assume you've at least flipped in/out of airplane mode after buying the add-on?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nolonger 

Please edit out your phone # asap by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right corner of your post. thx

Edit:

Wow your fast! Nice job!

Now your data add on problem. Did you just add funds? Or did you go back and select the data add on. Confirm and submit your purchase? Do you see it at the bottom left corner of your overview page?

Need Help? Let's chat.