cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought an add on and it isn't working

rgerster
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a data add on and it is not working. I loaded the money on my account then I purchased the add on. The value of the add on is now gone from my account but I still can't use any data. When I first log in to my account it says I haven't purchased any add ons but sometimes after I go to different pages in my account it says that I have an add on, but no matter what I can't use data on my phone. I don't have access to Wi-Fi and I need to pay bills and stuff so I really need to get my data back. Right now I'm just borrowing other people's phones when possible

17 REPLIES 17

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Ashton_C,

We've responded to your PM. Please check your inbox!

Thank you,

Syed

Ashton_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Still no response from mods. Is this a joke?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ashton_C have you tried taking your phone off automatic network selection and manually choosing either AT&T or T-mobile?  Oh also, sorry I forget which roaming add on you bought, but if it was a data add-on, do you have Data while Roaming enabled in your phone's settings?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ashton_C

This is honestly ridiculous. I need a refund or for it to work. At this point I may as well switch carriers because the service here is just awful.

Ashton_C

I'm in the US, the addon doesn't work.

I don’t know if you’re already in the US, so you my not be able to rest it yet, but if you are, does the addon work?

Also, try clearing your browser cache, and/or using private or incognito mode with SelfServe.

Ashton_C

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Do you have funds available showing in your account balance?

GC 

No, I already added the funds and paid for the add on. It is in my transaction history, but the add on does not show up on my account page. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you have funds available showing in your account balance?

GC 

Ashton_C

Please help mods. 

Ashton_C

It isn't listed, but as I said, I did the two step process and paid for the addon. It is listed in the transaction history on my account, but the addon isn't applied to my account.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ashton_C did you complete the second step of the 2-step add-on purchasing process?  Do you see the US Roaming data add-on listed in either the Overview page or the My Plans and add-ons page?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ashton_C

Can somebody please help? This is incredibly frustrating. I need a response at least.

Ashton_C

I'm having this exact problem. I ordered and paid for a U.S. 10 day roaming and data plan yesterday, and it shows up in my transaction history, but the add-on hasn't actually been applied to my account. This is incredibly frustrating as I am in the U.S. and need this in order to get to where I need to be. Someone please fix this for me.

rgerster

I have an iPhone SE and I have been using public mobile for several months. It was working until I ran out of data on my plan, which is why I purchased the add-on, but now that the data from my plan is gone I still cannot access the internet through data despite the add-on I purchased. 

rgerster

Yes it does and yes it is. I can still text and make phone calls as well. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does your original plan include data? Is cellular data turned on in your phone settings? 

GC 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@rgerster wrote:

I purchased a data add on and it is not working. I loaded the money on my account then I purchased the add on. The value of the add on is now gone from my account but I still can't use any data. When I first log in to my account it says I haven't purchased any add ons but sometimes after I go to different pages in my account it says that I have an add on, but no matter what I can't use data on my phone. I don't have access to Wi-Fi and I need to pay bills and stuff so I really need to get my data back. Right now I'm just borrowing other people's phones when possible

Have you used data with the PM network previously?  We need to verify your APN settings to make sure that they are correct.  Here is a great site that will show you the settings you need on your phone for data to work  https://apn-canada.gishan.net/.  What type of phone are you using?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.