cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am vacationing in Spain and need to confirm my data is not being used.

JJ2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks, I am vacationing in Spain. I understand that Public Mobile does not offer data plans outside of Canada or US.  I'd like to confirm that my data is not being used.  I have my Cellular Data turned off.  Is there anything else I need to do, to ensure my phone is not roaming or using data, so that I can be sure I won't come home to a huge bill?

Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JJ2 Good thing about PM is that PM is a Pre-paid service which means you will get in service only if you pay upfront. There is no risk of High Bills or hidden charges at all

**** Please note: I am not a Moderator ****

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JJ2 wrote:

Hi folks, I am vacationing in Spain. I understand that Public Mobile does not offer data plans outside of Canada or US.  I'd like to confirm that my data is not being used.  I have my Cellular Data turned off.  Is there anything else I need to do, to ensure my phone is not roaming or using data, so that I can be sure I won't come home to a huge bill?

Thanks for your help!

Because PM is prepaid you don't have to worry about any additional charges. You can turn your data back on and even try to make a call and if it goes through enjoy it because it's free. 😊

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@JJ2 wrote:

Thanks for your help!

ENJOY your holidays in Spain :Barcelone Valence Malaga Madrid?Heart

And don't worry with your bill! Long live prepaid!Smiley Happy

Eddy_G
Customer Support Agent

re Hi JJ2

Your phone will not be working in Spain with a Public Mobile sim because we do not have any roaming packs other than the U.S.

Also there are no bills with prepaid services.

For peace of mind you can either take the sim card out of your phone or put the phone in Airplane mode.

Enjoy your vacation!

Eddy

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@JJ2 wrote:

Thanks for your help!

There is no need to worry you will not get any service with your PM sim while vacationing in Spain.  Therefore can't use any data or have any roaming charges

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.