cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to check my voisemail. but it asks for an addon?

jdd586
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

8 REPLIES 8

It would be pretty nifty if Telus had a toll free 8xx voicemail access number... (which would not consume outgoing minutes to call with the $15 plan Smiley Wink )

hhanson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree that you probably have just used up your minutes by checking your voicemail. You might need to increase your plan, or, do what I do. I check my voicemail from an outside number. Once I hear my greeting, I press #, enter my password, and you can check it that way.

If you've used up your 100 plan minutes you would have to call using a different phone. Buy the $5/500 min add on as suggested by @ChuckYeah . At $0.01 a minute it's cheap and a great back up for your plan.

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jdd586 wrote:

newer used 100 min

Then try dialing that 778 number manually. Maybe your voicemail forwarding number is being a problem.

jdd586
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

newer used 100 min

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jdd586 

Call your number from another phone and when your greeting starts press * then your password to listen to voicemails.

Your password can be reset from the self-serve if needed. It resets to your 10 digit number.

Or from a non-Telus/Koodo/PM line, dial 17785804001 and follow the prompts.

@jdd586 You can also check your voicemail from another cell or landline.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@jdd586 If you are on a limited minute plan, you have probably used up your 100 minutes. Checking your voicemail uses minutes. Consider buying the $5 for 500 minute add on. Its a great deal and the 500 min won't expire until you use them.

Need Help? Let's chat.