cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am going to work in US for 1 year, Can I change my plan to $50, is it can roaming in US?

lynnwang2006
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to work in US for 1 year, Can I change my plan to $50, is it can roaming in US for calling and text message?

4 REPLIES 4

grahamwright1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You cant change your PM account to work from the US for that year, but I lived in the US up until 2016 and T-Mobile have great low cost plans that you can use while working in the states. They also allow you to roam in Canada (when you come home to visit) at no additional charge, plus they give you no-charge data while in Canada - a great deal overall, so check out their plans.

Good luck on your job!

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lynnwang2006 It is not feasible to charge your phone to $50 for you are actually in the States for a year. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@lynnwang2006 wrote:

I am going to work in US for 1 year, Can I change my plan to $50, is it can roaming in US for calling and text message?

@lynnwang2006 wrote:

Currently there are no long term (30 day) plans that allow roaming in the USA. The $50 plan is for calling FROM Canada TO USA. You wil need a US carrier that allows calling to Canada, or make do with Textnow app on wifi.

To maintain your current PM number until you return look here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The $50 plan does not offer US roaming.  There use to be a $60 plan that included roaming.  There are US roaming add-ons but they are only valid for 10 days.  You would be better off to purchase a local sim to use in the US.

Need Help? Let's chat.