cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am able to send international texts, but can not receive them.

DavidStenzel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I set up my Public mobile sim card yesterday and the plan I selected includes unlimited international texts (the $25/m plan). I was able to text a friend in Ireland yesterday but they were unable to send a reply to my Canadian number. Does anybody know why this is or how I can fix it?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DavidStenzel , I had the same problem with someone in Australia, but it was an MMS I was sending to THEM and they were not getting it because the size was too big.

If they are trying to send an MMS, make sure they reduce the size.

But first testing SMS is working.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do you get anything?

If you can't download the message, it's mms and you need to enable data, won't dip into your data bucket but must be on.

If you are getting anything, they probably are not sending it right. Here we have option of 011... or +... I'm not sure how it's handled there... 

Can they send it to your different number if you have TextNow fongo textme or Talkatone number, see if those receive it

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DavidStenzel wrote:

Hi, I set up my Public mobile sim card yesterday and the plan I selected includes unlimited international texts (the $25/m plan). I was able to text a friend in Ireland yesterday but they were unable to send a reply to my Canadian number. Does anybody know why this is or how I can fix it?

Does the sender's plan in Ireland have international texting ability with their provider? Can they text someone else's number you know to test?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@DavidStenzel wrote:

@DavidStenzel Did you port your old number into Public Mobile? Sending texts and calls from your new PM account happens right away but receiving is the last to happen. If you did and it was a landline or VOIP it can take up to 7 days to complete. If it was another provider it normally only take a few hours. if this is the case, contact a moderator for assistance. If it isn't I can't imagine that your friend unable to send you a text is a PM issue. Maybe someone else with more tech knowledge can chime in.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DavidStenzel  Instead of a reply can you ask them to send a text directly to your Public Mobile number?

Need Help? Let's chat.