cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally purchased 2 identical add ons for US roaming just now. How do I get a refund on the..

DeltaLima
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello; I am a new client and I accidentally purchased two identical add ons for US roaming just now due to the confusing payment page. How do I request deletion of the second add on which obviously I will not use. Thanks for your help. Regards Dave

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Goraspictures, You will need to send a private message to the moderator team and ask if they can help you.  There is no guarantee, since everything at Public Mobile is prepaid.  That said, they are usually pretty good about this kind of thing.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Also, for future reference, you should always start a new topic for a new question.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Goraspictures wrote:

Hello, I bought $10 US roaming thinking that I could also use it in Canada but I can’t. Can I have the credit back into my account so I can buy the right add on?

You may try your luck by sending a private message to moderator.  But there is no guarantee.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Goraspictures
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I bought $10 US roaming thinking that I could also use it in Canada but I can’t. Can I have the credit back into my account so I can buy the right add on?

DeltaLima

Thanks to all who replied!

DeltaLima

Okay I think I misread the Add on page! I actually only paid once so I didn't buy the second add on. Sorry for wasting everyone's time with my neophyte questions....lol .  I wish everyone a great day! Regards Dave L

@DeltaLima wrote:

Thanks for your reply! I actually purchased them within seconds of each other as I wasn't certain that my first purchase went through so I purchased it again seconds later and then realized that my first purchase was already processed. Take care Dave

So you did the two step process twice?  Do you have any funds sitting in Available funds?  Because PM is prepaid any refund would probably just be a credit to your available funds anyway (as I have read actually refunds are taking 3-4 months).  Are you able to post a screen shot with any personal info blocked so we can see exactly what is going on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DeltaLima, funds topped up in the account can't be refunded.  You should be able to reach out to the moderator team to have funds credited back into the account if the same add-on was purchased twice.  This fund balance can be used for future add-on purchases or account renewal. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@DeltaLima, the process to add the add-ons requires the payment first, then the selection (again if performed first to pay) of the same add-on.

Verify your credit card/voucher information is doubled.  It may simply be you've completed the steps to first pay, then reselect the same addon to activate it.

DeltaLima

Thanks for your reply! I actually purchased them within seconds of each other as I wasn't certain that my first purchase went through so I purchased it again seconds later and then realized that my first purchase was already processed. Take care Dave

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DeltaLima wrote:

Hello; I am a new client and I accidentally purchased two identical add ons for US roaming just now due to the confusing payment page. How do I request deletion of the second add on which obviously I will not use. Thanks for your help. Regards Dave

That is strange as once you purchase a US roaming addon you aren't able to purchase the same one until your current one has expired.  It is listed twice in your addon section of the selfserve?  Can you post a screen shot of the payment history page?  Remember purchasing addons is a two step process the first step just puts money in your Available Funds then you must go in and repurchase the addon again and the money is then taken from available funds

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeltaLima wrote:

Interesting. It was my understanding that one couldn't buy two of the same at the same time.

What all items are listed in your add-ons area on your Overview page? What is your current Available Funds.

You would need to deal with this through  the moderators.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.