cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if my current plan is 3G or LTE?

isabellakirsten
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've been using public mobile for a awhile, and I have a 3 month plan with the following details when i click into the "plan and add-on" tab: 

This plan includes-

-6GB Data

-unlimited international text

-unlimited provincial talk

My question is, how do I tell whether this plan is on 6GB 3G or LTE as its not marked on the plan details above? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

isabellakirsten
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much to all the replies!

I really appreciated the help and clarification-yes, it is the 120/90day plan I'm on-and by the screenshots srlawren provided, it seems i'm on the LTE plan! 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bridonca wrote:

I am not sure what you are getting at.  All plans are LTE, some LTE plans are throttled to around 3.5 mbits a sec.  

@bridonca this is another prime example of why PM should never have named these plans 3G--they simply aren't.  They should have called it LTE light or LTE Light-speed or something.  LTE basic.  Really anything would have been less confusing for most customers.  That said, the OP is asking if they have full-speed LTE or "3G" speed (throttled) LTE.  Pretty common question around here.

If anyone is curious to see how the two speeds are shown in your self-serve account, I put screen shots of both here a while back:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-to-tell-data-plan-speed/m-p/173079/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13  from posters post description, I am guessing they are paying $120/90  - rewards.  that was the same plan i got before the fall promo if i remember correctly.  

Could be but there is also a 90 day 3G plan that was possible to get at $120 for 6gb (they later added the bonus 500mb/30 days to that plan)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am not sure what you are getting at.  All plans are LTE, some LTE plans are throttled to around 3.5 mbits a sec.  The chances are really good you would not even notice the throttle!  If by some fluke chance, you do need a speed faster than the throttle, you can degrade your phone to 3G only, because Public Mobile does not throttle 3G, and it can be faster than the throttle.   Short answer, don't worry about. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13  from posters post description, I am guessing they are paying $120/90  - rewards.  that was the same plan i got before the fall promo if i remember correctly.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@isabellakirsten wrote:

Hi,

I've been using public mobile for a awhile, and I have a 3 month plan with the following details when i click into the "plan and add-on" tab: 

This plan includes-

-6GB Data

-unlimited international text

-unlimited provincial talk

My question is, how do I tell whether this plan is on 6GB 3G or LTE as its not marked on the plan details above? 

Thanks!

When you login to your self serve in the addon section it should list how much data is in your plan and the speed.  If it says 3G that is what you have if it doesn't sany anything it is LTE. How much are you paying for your 90 days

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.