cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to switch to 4G data???

I asked Simon about 4G data and he says PM offers 3G and 4G. I'd like to get 4G data but I can't find a plan with 4G data so how do I switch to 4G if it says there are plans?

Tags (4)
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: How to switch to 4G data???

@sarapardo03 wrote:

I asked Simon about 4G data and he says PM offers 3G and 4G. I'd like to get 4G data but I can't find a plan with 4G data so how do I switch to 4G if it says there are plans?

@sarapardo03 All plans at Public Mobile use the 4G/LTE network. The data is restricted to 3G speeds though. I don't notice a difference as I don't game online or stream UHD movies. Others on here have said the same. They used to have a data only plan with 4G speed and old  voice/data plans no longer available for purchase had 4G speeds.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sarapardo03 wrote:

There are no full LTE 4G plans available here.

Information and documentation gets very slow attention around here.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sarapardo03 

You cannot switch to full speed LTE

In your phone settings you can choose as preference 3g (at full speed so faster than carried LTE but with the lag) or LTE (capped at 3m)

Highlighted

oh I see, thanks for the quick response, really appreciate it!

Any idea if that's gonna change soon? Thanks!!

Highlighted

Thanks, How do I access my office settings?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sarapardo03 wrote:

oh I see, thanks for the quick response, really appreciate it!

Any idea if that's gonna change soon? Thanks!!

@sarapardo03  Your guess would be as accurate as mine lol.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sarapardo03 wrote:

Thanks, How do I access my office settings?

I think that's a typo. Phones usually have a way to change the network connections like LTE/4G or HSDPA/3G.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sarapardo03 wrote:

It's not so much about SIMOn being wrong as there service on LTE at a reduced speed, but rather of information being out-of-date. Public Mobile did used to sell regular plans with that (not.just the data-only plan).

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sarapardo03 

Sorry about the typo it should be in your network settings, depending on your os, bit it's usually where you chose provider or change your apn settings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.