cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to respond or contact back public mobile

mahfuzkhalili
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received an anonymous message from somebody in public mobile want to discuss about missing of my deposit for long distance call.  But did not leave any call back number or email.  How can I contact?

16 REPLIES 16

@mahfuzkhalili, I have to agree, you literally dodged a bullet there, by missing their phone call. You would have most likely had to verify your account, and like most people, they will say their name, address, phone number and account information. And maybe even give up your pin number. 

I get those type of calls from time to time, and I tell them, if you need me to verify this, then you should tell me the information and I can tell you if it's right or wrong. Most times, they asked a security question or secret recovery key. 

I think it's a scam, to be honest. People nowadays are at their most vulnerable moments in today's events, and let's be honest here, scammers NEVER take a day off! 

@mahfuzkhalili wrote:

If that is what happened it is ok but transaction is not showing up.  I have autopay plan for both of my public mobile phones. The deposits in Dec.2018 I made were one for $20 and another $100 to use in the US. I used $20 but never used $100.  I thought it is available for me to use in future long distance plan. 

@mahfuzkhalili  The way the Public Mobile system works is that if you have funds in your account, in your case $100 then on your next plan renewal(s) that money will automatically be used first to pay for your plan renewals. Auto-Pay is only used when you don't have any funds in your account.

@mahfuzkhalili wrote:

If that is what happened it is ok but transaction is not showing up.  I have autopay plan for both of my public mobile phones. The deposits in Dec.2018 I made were one for $20 and another $100 to use in the US. I used $20 but never used $100.  I thought it is available for me to use in future long distance plan. 

Any funds you add to your account are NOT earmarked, by the Public Mobile system, as being there for any particular reason(in your case, intended for "future long distance"), but are simply funds on your account, which, if you don't apply them manually, to be used to buy add-ons, the system will automatically use those funds to pay for your monthly(30 days) plan renewal. Once those funds are used up, THEN your autopay will kick in, and start to use your credit, or Visa debit card to pay for the renewal.

*Edit* - I see that while typing, a couple of other posts were made, but I'll leave mine anyway, for the sake of clarity. 😉 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahfuzkhalili wrote:

Everything runs through Available Funds first. Autopay only kicks in when insufficient Available Funds.

@mahfuzkhalili wrote:

Your plan would have used those funds to renew before it would charge your credit card.  You could look back on your credit card charges and see if they stopped happening from PM for the first couple of months of 2019

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@CannonFodder @Jb456  lol good catch I just saw December and immediately went to last December.  Ya there is no way those funds are still available lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mahfuzkhalili

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@mahfuzkhalili wrote:

The voice message left on March 26, 2020 without any caller id. It is regarding my complain  that $100 deposit I made in december 2018, I have never used,  missing from account when I tried to use it recently to buy long distance.

So you deposited $100 in December and it is now missing?  That could be when you add funds it goes to Available funds and that is what your plan will renew on if they are available.  Could your plan renewal cost have used all of that up over the last couple of months?  If you give us a screenshot of your payment history page we can see what is going on (remove any personal data)

While it may be a typo, the OP DID say, Dec. 2018.....

@mahfuzkhalili wrote:

The voice message left on March 26, 2020 without any caller id. It is regarding my complain  that $100 deposit I made in december 2018, I have never used,  missing from account when I tried to use it recently to buy long distance.

So you deposited $100 in December and it is now missing?  That could be when you add funds it goes to Available funds and that is what your plan will renew on if they are available.  Could your plan renewal cost have used all of that up over the last couple of months?  If you give us a screenshot of your payment history page we can see what is going on (remove any personal data)

@mahfuzkhalili  hi any credit  you may have in your account would have been used towards your plan payments in the months after you initially made the "deposit" 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahfuzkhalili wrote:

So you had contacted the moderator team about this? Did you see a reply in the upper right of this window above the little envelope icon?

You could also trace your payment history back a year not long after this "deposit" and follow your balance. Perhaps renewals over the year used it all.

To contact a moderator. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

mahfuzkhalili

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mahfuzkhalili wrote:

Received an anonymous message from somebody in public mobile want to discuss about missing of my deposit for long distance call.  But did not leave any call back number or email.  How can I contact?

Was it voicemail or text?  What was the number it came from?  What plan do you have as most are Canada wide calling and there is no such thing as a "deposit" for anything on PM

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mahfuzkhalili  the message is a fake, PM doesn't send such messages. You dodged a bullet. Who was the message from? Can you please post a screenshot? Omit any personal information from the post. Thanks.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mahfuzkhalili  

The message seems fishy to me.

Can you give us more details of which number you got that from? What did the message say exactly? 

Need Help? Let's chat.