cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get new data amount on updated $35 Plan

kterles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see (after Public Mobile canceled the province-wide plans) that the Canada-wide $35 Plan's data increased recently from 2Gb to 2.5Gb.  I have been on the $35 Plan since September, 2020 (with 2Gb).  I was wondering if my account's data will be automatically increased or do I have to "sign up" for the refreshed version of the $35 Plan?

6 REPLIES 6

kterles

Well, I was amazed to read in your reply that you can select when the change takes place.  That is an amazing feature and not one I was aware that Public Mobile had.  I was previously with PC Mobile (President's Choice) and they had very limited features (not even an online login) so I am always grateful for choices and options.  Thank you for your step by step!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kterles : Changing plans does not affect the rest of your account. Just the plan. This is not like a promo for new customers. We can all change plans whenever we like.

kterles

Ok, thanks for all the info! I guess I was hoping to keep my accrued time with my current plan to start earning loyalty rewards this year, but it's hard to argue with an extra 500Mb! 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Each new/different plan is actually coded differently in the system, and thus, your plan won't automatically change.  This is often beneficial when Public Mobile changes their offerings and you want to keep your original plan... "Grandfathering" your plan.

Like Triguy mentioned, you'll need to change your plan:

1. Login to My Account to change your plan:
    https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi...
  2. Select the new Plan you want (eg. that new $35 plan)
  3. Submit your request - choose wisely!
    • Change Plan Now: Immediately changes your plan to the new one and forfeits any remaining minutes/data/etc you have for your existing cycle!
    • Change on Next Renewal Date: Changes your plan like it would every 30 days, so you use up any remaining minutes/data/etc for the current cycle, and next cycle you'll be on the new plan!  This option is generally recommended so you don't "lose" anything you've already paid for.

Enjoy your new plan!  🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kterles , each plan has a unique identifier in the system that we cannot see.  Public Mobile will not change a customers plan even if it is appears to be beneficial for the customer.  You will have to make the change yourself.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to make a plan change.  It is recommended to change Your plan on your next renewal date.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Need Help? Let's chat.