cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to forward a voice message?

amandaru
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I know there is a feature in the voicemail system to forward a copy of a voice message, but I don't understand how it works. I tried to send a copy of a voicemail to another local number (not with Public Mobile) and the voicemail voice said the mailbox was not valid. Does anyone know how to use this?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just tried the same thing. “Invalid”.

Can anyone confirm that you cannot copy to a telephone number outside of Public Mobile?

amandaru

@kav2001c That's a good idea to have messages left on my voip mailbox. I guess "forever" is a strong word, but I need the message for a long time (longer than 25 days). I am being harassed by my landlord and want to hold on to the messages as evidence for later use. Maybe's I'll just use a recorder... Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.

@SD08 just remember that is (for OPs question) 25 days after saved

It dissapears within 7 days if you don't listen to it first to save it

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c

Good to know.  Thanks

@SD08 if memory serves it was up to 25 days

Videotron is 35 days

SD08

@kav2001c wrote:

@amandaru why not disable Public voice mail completely and have others simply leave a message on your voip? (I can't imagine why you would want it "forever", Public actually is the second longest holder in Canada though. Only Videotron stores voice mails longer)

So, how long does Public Mobile store voice mails?

@amandaru why not disable Public voice mail completely and have others simply leave a message on your voip? (I can't imagine why you would want it "forever", Public actually is the second longest holder in Canada though. Only Videotron stores voice mails longer)

@amandaru & @srlawren I am not surprised at all that you can't forward to a voip number. That makes sense.

I am surprised it won't let you forward to a Bell / Rogers (or flanker)

I suppose I will need to test that out now Cat Wink

amandaru

@srlawren I was afraid that might be the case.

@kav2001c It really doesn't work with the 10-digit number. The number is not a Public Mobile number, so maybe this is why. I wanted to send the voice messages to my VoIP line so that I could get a .wav file of the messages and keep them forever. From what I've read PM doesn't offer this feature at all, so that's why I thought about this solution...

srlawren

@kav2001c @amandaru I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that you can only forward voicemail messages to other users of the same carrier.  So you could forward to another PM customer, but not a Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin, Chatr, etc. customer.  The ones I'm less confident about are Telus and Koodo subscribers.  I would think it depends if they run on the same back-end voicemail system or not, and I don't know the answer to that.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@amandaru no just dial the phone number straight (don't put 1, 0, or +)

10 digit dialing

I just did it (that's how come steps are so accurate) and it def works on my lines

amandaru

Thanks kav2001c. I followed your instructions exactly and it stil doesn't work. The problem is that is asks me for a "mailbox number" and when I put the other phone number in (10 digits including area code), it tells me it is not a valid number. Is there a special way I am supposed to enter the number?

Press 6

Record comment

Press #

Press 9

Press 1

Dial number

Press #

Press #

Note this will drop voice mail into your box automatically

It will not make receiving phone ring

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry I can't help, but I am interested in the response.

I love my VOIP phone that emails me my voice messages, it's just the way vmail should be now days. (IMHO that is....)

Happy Wednesday peeps!

Need Help? Let's chat.