cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change plan?

Ivyyang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi If i want to switch one plan to another with Public mobile, when can I do that? currently I am on automatic payment. wondering should I do that one day before the payment?  Or it doesn't matter which day to switch? 

thanks for help!

10 REPLIES 10

@Ivyyang @gblackma  Along with @AE_Collector great advice keep in mind choosing the change at next renewal earlier in your cycle will allow you to choose a plan that is being eliminated before your renewal without losing the time left on your current plan. For example...you are on the $40 plan that renews on the 15th of the month. The plan you want to change to is being eliminated on the 7th day of the month. You can schedule a change on next renewal for that soon to be eliminated plan on any day before the 7th and it will change to it on the 15th and be grandfathered  in as long as you have enough funds in your account (I would not depend on autopay in this situation in case of a fail) and you do not change to different plan after the 15th. As always you can change your mind and cancel the scheduled change at any time before your renewal.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Ivyyang wrote:

Thank  you all! very helpful!

Glad you found our replies to be very helpful! Smiley LOL

come on now with the messing around...  I do suspect that the two of you are indirectly saying something about the solution.

@Ivyyang wrote:

What was the solution? Solutions play into Community reward calculations, so I've unmarked the self-solution. Please choose the response that helped to correct the issue. 

@gblackma 
Actually it is quite possible to miss the renewal date trying to hit the last day. Especially since PM has very recently changed the quoted renewal day from being your last day (day 30) to the first new day (day 1) of your 30 day plan.

No need for this as you can log into self serve at any time. Select the plan to change to and then you have the choice to "Change Immediately" OR "Change at Next Renewal". Choosing the latter will do it for you right as your plan renews.

AE_Collector

@Ivyyang wrote:

Glad you found our replies to be very helpful! Smiley LOL

Lol.  You are welcome. 

@Ivyyang wrote:

Ivyyang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is recommended when changing plans to change on next renewal date so you don't lose any unused minutes/texts/or data.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Ivyyang wrote:

Hi If i want to switch one plan to another with Public mobile, when can I do that? currently I am on automatic payment. wondering should I do that one day before the payment?  Or it doesn't matter which day to switch? 

thanks for help!

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

You can do that through my account. And yes since you paid for the month wait for the day before to do it. 

@Ivyyang wrote:

thanks for help!

Need Help? Let's chat.