cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate data?

AliceGlass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

My mom just switched to the 25/month plan, which includes data. (Her previous plan was talk and text only). We choose the mobile data icon, but data isn't working. She has the same phone as myself, and we have the same plan. The data is active/working on my phone.

13 REPLIES 13

AliceGlass

As far as I can tell, the APN settings are what they ought to be. I will take the time to double-check though, thank you.

It's very strange, sometimes I don't have to restart the phone, it works fine when I switch from wifi to data. Mostly though, I do have to restart. 

I'm too scared to do a factory reset! 

AliceGlass

This was it, I had to input the APN settings. Data is working (without rebooting!). Thank you all so much.

Here are the APN settings.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/

@AliceGlass 

If your APN Settings are fine, you should try a network reset or even a factory reset of phone (make sure to back up information).  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AliceGlass wrote:

Yep, have tried the rebooting a few times (bc I have to do that with my phone) and still wasn't working. 

Will try the APN settings, thank you. 🙂

Try your SIM in her phone.

AliceGlass

An ASUS ZenFone, I think it might be the APN settings, will try to set that up and report back here if it works of if it doesn't 

AliceGlass

Yep, have tried the rebooting a few times (bc I have to do that with my phone) and still wasn't working. 

Will try the APN settings, thank you. 🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AliceGlass wrote:

Hello, 

My mom just switched to the 25/month plan, which includes data. (Her previous plan was talk and text only). We choose the mobile data icon, but data isn't working. She has the same phone as myself, and we have the same plan. The data is active/working on my phone.

Make sure that Data / Roaming is turned on.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AliceGlass wrote:

Hello, 

In case you haven't set the APN setting for data and SMS, here is how to do that.

Step by Step APN configuration

Step1: 

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Blackberry

OS 10 - Settings > Network and Connections > Mobile Network > Tap the settings icon (dented wheel)

Windows

Windows 8 Step 1 Settings > cellular > Add or Edit internet APN 

iPhone

Click here

Step 2:

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@AliceGlass wrote:

Hello, 

You can check the APN settings on her phone here..https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AliceGlass wrote:

Hello, 

@AliceGlass  What type of a phone is it? If it's an iPhone try resetting you network settings.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, First try to reboot the phone. Make sure Data is on. If you are at home in wifi range the data will not come on , you can turn off wifi on the phone to test it. You should see LTE or 4G on the top of you phone. If still no data, you will need to setup the APN settings for public mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.