cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Call Forward?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Setting up Call Forwarding allows you to set up your phone to immediately forward any calls you receive to a different phone number. You can still make outgoing calls on your phone, but incoming calls will go to the number you set up for Call Forward.

Calls can only be forwarded to numbers within Canada as defined by your rate plan.

The process for setting up call-forwarding is different from phone to phone. Check out your phone’s user guide for details. 

Below are the generic settings for different phone types:

Android

Phone icon > Settings Menu > Call > More settings > Call Forwarding  

Iphone 

Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding

Blackberry

Phone icon > Swipe down from the top > Tap Settings > Call Forwarding

Windows

Settings > System Applications > phone > Call Forwarding / Phone > More > Settings > Call Forwarding

70 REPLIES 70

Alexo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Posting personal remarks on a public forum is a sign of poor manners.

I was referring to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnBMwPcRbVE

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

From what I read, I believe that @Alexo would benefit from wearing an inverted colander.

Alexo: Do you like travelling?

@Alexo wrote:

Water tanks tend to be easier to avoid, by virtue of their limited methods of locomotion.

There are exceptions (rolling down a narrow sloping corridor) but they tend to be rare.

Battle tanks present more of the a problem but there is a very effective anti-tank app that you can install on your smartphone.  I haven't had a single encounter with a hostile tank since I did.

Fascinated. More details, please. Like, lots more!

Alexo

Water tanks tend to be easier to avoid, by virtue of their limited methods of locomotion.

There are exceptions (rolling down a narrow sloping corridor) but they tend to be rare.

Battle tanks present more of the a problem but there is a very effective anti-tank app that you can install on your smartphone.  I haven't had a single encounter with a hostile tank since I did.

@srlawren wrote:

PS always try to avoid tanks....

Battle tanks or water tanks?

Actually, it doesn't matter which one you meant - I generally try to avoid both anyway 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PS always try to avoid tanks....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Great question, @Alexo! The answer is the latter, i.e. "provider level".

The forwarding instructions are sent from your phone to the network once during setup, and then the network remembers the setting and forwards all calls accordingly from that point on without the phone being involved in any way.

Alexo

Is the call forwarding handled on the phone level or on the provider level?

For example, if the phone is in a no-service area, is turned off, has ran out of battery or got run ver by a tank, will the calls still be forwarded to the requested number?

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Dan, 

Yes Call forwarding works on all new voice included plans. 

Thanks 

Dan

Will call forwarding work on the new plans? Only voicemail and call display are mentioned on the plans page?

Need Help? Let's chat.