cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How plans work at Public Mobile?

I am due today, autopay.
I used all my data as of yesterday.
What time today will I see a new data bucket? It is 837 am and I have no new data.
Mayor / Maire

@horemans Sometime overnight tonight.  By the time you wake up tomorrow.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nope.. autopay did not work. Expired!
Mayor / Maire

@horemans are your services still working? If so, it's completely normal to see expired during renewal night. Look again in the morning and it will be back to Active, and you will have your fresh allotment of data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@horemans is everything back to normal today?  Please give us a brief update when you get a moment.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. Is it possible when building a paln for example, to have privince wide talk but unlimitted calling tothe States, 500 mb of data and global text? I'm still trying to decide if Public mobile is the cell provider I need as I cannot call the states with my current carrier and I have American friends. thanks and sorry for my strange questions.

Mayor / Maire

Kerri wrote:

Hello. Is it possible when building a paln for example, to have privince wide talk but unlimitted calling tothe States, 500 mb of data and global text? I'm still trying to decide if Public mobile is the cell provider I need as I cannot call the states with my current carrier and I have American friends. thanks and sorry for my strange questions.

Hi @Kerri.  Unfortunately, no.  If you go with province-wide talk, you'll have to use the long distance add-on minutes to call to the USA. They are sold in either 200 min buckets for $8 or 400 min for $15.  If you're looking to use a lot of minutes to the USA, that may not be the best idea.  If you need unlimited to the USA, you'll have to choose Canada+USA talk in your plan.

Mayor / Maire

@Kerri

Adding to @srlawren's points: based on 1.5GB/90days and global text, a plan with provincial talk is $90, the one with unlimited Canada and US talk is $120. So a $30 difference for 90days.

For $30 you'll get two 400min long distance add-ons which includes calling to the US. So, if you are calling to the US for more than 800 minutes/90days (that's 13hour 20min per 90days or just short of 4.5hours per 30days on average) the unlimited Canada / US plan would be the way to go.

There are also plenty of VOIP apps that you could use over WiFi and/or your data connection.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, @wetcoaster  think I will sign on and get the unlimitted talk/text.I

Mayor / Maire

@Kerri

Let us know if there are more questions we can help with!