cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How plans work at Public Mobile?

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

At Public Mobile, the choice is yours. You set the terms and build your own plan, so you only pay for the services you want, for however long you want them.

• There are three (3) plan length options to choose from; 10, 30 or 90 days.
  • The day pass is just the first component that makes up a customizable plan. The final cost of the plan depends on the Talk, Text and Data options that you choose.
  • Here is an overview of how our plans work:SPM0648-01_Lithium_Community_Beta_Assets_v2_EN3.png 

Once you have determined how long you need service for, go ahead and start building your plan.

Choose the amount of talk, text and data you need and the chart will automatically calculate the discount depending on what you have chosen. The more options you choose, the more you save. It’s important that you choose one item from each column (including “no” options) in order to build the plan. Your plan subtotal will calculate automatically as you build your plan.

plans 2.png

71 REPLIES 71

@trdtdtd wrote:

Im just wondering the dicount thing is an one time thing?

The discount you see on the plan page is NOT one time thing. It will stay every cycle...

trdtdtd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im just wondering the dicount thing is an one time thing?

WHEN you purchase Add-Ons, If by Voucher, Tax is already collected from Merchant

By CC, Make sure you have Sufficient Funds, Tax Added at Time of Add-On purchase

You MUST have Sufficient $$$ to pay in FULL

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm trying to add an add-on to my plan but I'm getting an error that I can't. I'm currently have $6 funds (I don't know how I got it). Do I just add the difference and I'll be able to get it? So, $2 extra to get the $8 add-on

Make Payment > Payment Type (Other) > Enter Top-up Amount.

Simply speaking, Yes. 

Once CC is registered, and Auto-Pay enabled, your 90 Day Rate Plan(s) Cycle will be Renewed On schedule

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry for bumping this thread. Don't want to create another thread for it. 

Once I have the auto-pay on, I don't have to worry picking the 90 days plan over and over again once it expire? And Public Mobile will automatically charge my credit card?

Rhapsody

Precisely!  So my current plan, which is $45/month for 1GB/month is essentially $135/3GB over 90 days.

So by moving to the 6GB 90 day plan for $140, (only $5 more), I get *twice* the data.  It seems like a suspiciously good deal.  Like, did they just not tell Telus about it or something?  Anyway, I think I'm going to jump on it now, before my billing date rolls around.

Rhapsody wrote:

So, I just started a little under a month ago with Public Mobile, on Plan A ($45 for Prov. talk + CA Text + 1 GB) and now just by paying upfront for 90 days, I can double my data for $1.67 more per month?! 

Because the same plan components + 6 GB of data over the 90 days (2/month, essentially), will cost $46.67 (140/3) versus the $45 I paid for my first month!

Someone let me know if I'm right on this because if so this is an awesome deal and I totally want to change my plan to it before Friday (which is my billing date).

BE CAREFUL on the data, because 90 data plans are meant to last 90 days not 30. So if you need 1 GB per "month" you will need to take the 4 GB plan (1 GB extra for you). Just as someone who needs 4 GB/30 days must take the 12 GB plan.

My calculations for the plans you describe:

a)  Prov. talk + CA Text + 1 GB = $90 less any rewards you have (25+60+30+20-45=90)

b)  Prov. talk + CA Text + 6 GB = $140 less any rewards (25+60+30+70-45=140)

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

The process is NOT that difficult.

Pick your Days period, then Pick What you need, Check-out, Simple.

Like Grocery Shopping, Shop, pick, Check-out, and Wala

Also, Leave Auto-Pay ON

No need to really disable it, plus $2 reward per month, well, Auto-Pay has its Place and Usefulness

Rhapsody

So, I just started a little under a month ago with Public Mobile, on Plan A ($45 for Prov. talk + CA Text + 1 GB) and now just by paying upfront for 90 days, I can double my data for $1.67 more per month?! 

Because the same plan components + 6 GB of data over the 90 days (2/month, essentially), will cost $46.67 (140/3) versus the $45 I paid for my first month!

Someone let me know if I'm right on this because if so this is an awesome deal and I totally want to change my plan to it before Friday (which is my billing date).

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

I had some issues, that have been completey resolve, getting a 90 day plan activated and billed properly. I can't find Mansi_G's post on the proper steps but I did the following:

1. Picked plan - chose "activate on next renewal date", then

2. Disabled auto pay, then

3. Enabled auto pay - chose "withdraw needed funds on renewal date"

BUT I'm wondering if the order should be:

1. Disable auto pay, then

2. Pick plan - choose "activate on next renewal date", then

3. Enable auto pay - choose "withdraw needed funds on renewal date".

???

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.