cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do new plan promotions occur or change? Also, promotion plan vs 90-day plan differences?

Amida
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm looking at the current promotions and it seems to have been pretty much the same for the past 2 months or so, but I was wondering how often they change up or come up with even better ones.

I'm interested in the $30 unlimited province talk, global text + 500gb data, and also the $25 plan without data, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if these lower priced plans usually get any more attractive or not. I've kept my eye out on the promotion page during Black Friday/Week and Boxing Day/Week, but I didn't see any new promotions.

Also, I noticed these plans seem to be the same as their 90 day counterpart, but being 30-days in length only. Is this the only difference or are there additional features with the promotion type plan(s)? I'm mainly asking about the promotion plans at $25 and $30 ($75 and $90 equivalents for 90-day plans, I believe) as I'm not too worried about data or at least not needing a lot of it. 

I've also read that unused data gets carried forward, is that true?

Thanks a lot for any responses! 😃

11 REPLIES 11

There hasn't been any killer promotions since the targeted promotion aimed at freedom customers in mid 2017.  @Amida, the community can help with keeping an eye on future deals.  Keep your community account active, somebody might tag you when something comes up.

Amida

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Amida wrote:

I'm looking at the current promotions and it seems to have been pretty much the same for the past 2 months or so, but I was wondering how often they change up or come up with even better ones.

I'm interested in the $30 unlimited province talk, global text + 500gb data, and also the $25 plan without data, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if these lower priced plans usually get any more attractive or not. I've kept my eye out on the promotion page during Black Friday/Week and Boxing Day/Week, but I didn't see any new promotions.

Also, I noticed these plans seem to be the same as their 90 day counterpart, but being 30-days in length only. Is this the only difference or are there additional features with the promotion type plan(s)? I'm mainly asking about the promotion plans at $25 and $30 ($75 and $90 equivalents for 90-day plans, I believe) as I'm not too worried about data or at least not needing a lot of it. 

Short answer: At this point any potential promo, if any were offered, would likely target low-medium to medium data users (like the infamous $120/12GB/90days). But obviously I'm only guessing - keep an eye on the Announcement section.

I'm a person who uses very little cell data, usually less than an average 100MB/month, so actual data plans don't make a lot of sense for me. However, I really appreciate the way Public Mobile's data add-ons work (can be combined with a talk & text only plan and don't expire).

When I first stumbled upon Public Mobile last February, the low to no data plans were not extremely attractively priced - unlimited provincial talk & unlimited global text was $106/90days (all prices before any rewards*).

I jumped aboard when the spring talk and text promo was on: $81/90days. On July 13/2017 (when LTE light plans, aka "3G speeds", were launched and LTE plans went up considerably) the price went up to $90/90days.

On September 20/2017 the price structure was adjusted to the current outline (LTE plans are still higher than in the spring, but somewhat more reasonable than during the summer) - provincial talk & global text is $75/90days now.

This is likely as good as it gets for basic talk & text plans with Public Mobile.

Given that the direct competition is insisting on a two class society with their zones and includes only 100 texts in their unlimited provincial talk plans, right now this is probably the best deal out there for people like me who don't live in a major city.

* In case you are not aware yet: Public Mobile has a reward system that lets you decrease your monthly phone bill. The easiest one is $2/30days or $6/90days auto pay reward when you register your credit card.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164/jump-to/...

Thanks a lot for your help, the prices you listed really gave me a good idea of how things have changed in a single year.

Thanks again for the massive help 🙂 🙂 🙂

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Amida wrote:

Short answer: At this point any potential promo, if any were offered, would likely target low-medium to medium data users (like the infamous $120/12GB/90days). But obviously I'm only guessing - keep an eye on the Announcement section.

I'm a person who uses very little cell data, usually less than an average 100MB/month, so actual data plans don't make a lot of sense for me. However, I really appreciate the way Public Mobile's data add-ons work (can be combined with a talk & text only plan and don't expire).

When I first stumbled upon Public Mobile last February, the low to no data plans were not extremely attractively priced - unlimited provincial talk & unlimited global text was $106/90days (all prices before any rewards*).

I jumped aboard when the spring talk and text promo was on: $81/90days. On July 13/2017 (when LTE light plans, aka "3G speeds", were launched and LTE plans went up considerably) the price went up to $90/90days.

On September 20/2017 the price structure was adjusted to the current outline (LTE plans are still higher than in the spring, but somewhat more reasonable than during the summer) - provincial talk & global text is $75/90days now.

This is likely as good as it gets for basic talk & text plans with Public Mobile.

Given that the direct competition is insisting on a two class society with their zones and includes only 100 texts in their unlimited provincial talk plans, right now this is probably the best deal out there for people like me who don't live in a major city.

* In case you are not aware yet: Public Mobile has a reward system that lets you decrease your monthly phone bill. The easiest one is $2/30days or $6/90days auto pay reward when you register your credit card.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164/jump-to/...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Amida much depends on what your needs are.  I know other prepaid companies offer $10 off for the first 8 months. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No one really knows when the next promotion is going to be released, nor what the plans/prices will be.  We don't get any warning beforehand.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Amida wrote:

Is the extra savings from autopay, referrals, etc. in the form of a credit or do you simply pay less each month?

Thanks for your help!! ^^

The rewards are deducted before your payment is made.  So, yes, you simply pay less each month or 90 days.

Amida

Ah, that's where I saw it, thanks for the correction! 🙂

Amida

Is the extra savings from autopay, referrals, etc. in the form of a credit or do you simply pay less each month?

Thanks for your help!! ^^

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Unused plan data does not carry forward.  If your plan is 30 days, your data will reset after 30 days.  If your plan is 90 days, you will have 90 days to use your data and then it will reset.  If you buy a data add-on, it is the only data that will carry over until it is used up.

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been checking for last six months. I haven't seen much of changes. This is petty much cheaper than anyone else. I won't think there will be more promotions. Remember the longer you stay, you save more. And auto pay, friends referral...

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Amida,

I wouldn't expect much in the way of promotions at the bottom end.  It's possible, but not likely.

As for the pricing, there is a difference in the 30 vs 90 day pricing.  Usually a couple of bucks.

Did you check out the plan builder?  It would show you all of the possibilities.  Keep in mind you get a couple of dollars off each 30 days if you subscribe to auto payment.  Also, once you are signed up, you can refer friends for an additional discount.

Need Help? Let's chat.