danijel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

33 REPLIES 33

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct. You in effect registered the card first and chose to turn on autopay.

That's what I did when I setup mine during activation. Thanks for the "correct method" I will remember for next time.

Looking back, I think I see how this went incredibly long. I interpreted your post (which you've now unnecessarily edited because the original has been quoted) as saying that you buy add-ons via autopay. You don't. You need either a voucher or a registered payment card. It's implied that you have a registered card if autopay is on yes.

It's just the wording that I picked up on.

Sorry to the OP for the barrage of notification emails.

Maybe an Oracle could slice this whole conversation out into a different thread.

I edited it quickly in the beginning and I didn't think this conversation would go on this long. Sorry OP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what I did when I setup mine during activation. Thanks for the "correct method" I will remember for next time.

Looking back, I think I see how this went incredibly long. I interpreted your post (which you've now unnecessarily edited because the original has been quoted) as saying that you buy add-ons via autopay. You don't. You need either a voucher or a registered payment card. It's implied that you have a registered card if autopay is on yes.

It's just the wording that I picked up on.

Sorry to the OP for the barrage of notification emails.

Maybe an Oracle could slice this whole conversation out into a different thread.

Ed404

@Anonymous wrote:

It is just that by far the majority of people registered a credit card to set up Autopay. They didn't likely register a card initially just in case they wanted to buy an add-on down the road. But in the end, if Autopay is set up you are good to go making purchases online or through 611.

Now to figure out why they can't let you renew the same plan you are in instantly, only change to any other plan instantly. Seems like a hold over from something in the past to me or someone feeling that it makes no sense to renew the existing plan early which isn't true.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No!

One follows the other. The card needs to be registered first. Then you can optionally turn on autopay.

Having autopay on _implies_ you have a card registered because you have to have a card registered to so much as turn on autopay.

When I setup my account I enabled autopay with my payment so it is saved to my account.

Ed404

@Anonymous wrote:

No!

One follows the other. The card needs to be registered first. Then you can optionally turn on autopay.

Having autopay on _implies_ you have a card registered because you have to have a card registered to so much as turn on autopay.

When I setup my account I enabled autopay with my payment so it is saved to my account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Still incorrect kinda misleading wording. Autopay doesn't enter into buying add-ons. Just the presence of a valid payment card. Autopay is optional with the presence of the payment card.

People quickly get accustomed to the floating 30 day term around here...not monthly.

They both do the samething! Autopay saves you credit card to your account, right?

No!

Ed404

@Anonymous wrote:

Still incorrect kinda misleading wording. Autopay doesn't enter into buying add-ons. Just the presence of a valid payment card. Autopay is optional with the presence of the payment card.

People quickly get accustomed to the floating 30 day term around here...not monthly.

They both do the samething! Autopay saves you credit card to your account, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A credit card is not required for activating. One can use a voucher to activate. You miss out on the initial autopay credit but these are choices one makes.

If you use a payment card during activation and check the box that says autopay (or something) then you're set. But you don't have to.

I suppose this is true, but many people accustomed to monthly billing for their phone.

Both of these options work for paying for add-ons through 611.

• Register/save a credit card to your self-serve account
  • Enable autopay

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Ed404 wrote:

@wetcoaster @Anonymous

By registering in self-serve do you mean by setting up autopay?

Screenshot_2019-12-17-Public-Mobile---Make-a-Payment.jpg

The following is coming up if you don't have a card on file. And I think that is where 611 stops because any entries after this will be alphanumeric. If you go on "credit card/VISA debit card in the drop down menu it brings you to the cc info entry form.

Screenshot_2019-12-17-Public-Mobile---Make-a-Payment(1).jpg

Ed404

@Anonymous wrote:

A credit card is not required for activating. One can use a voucher to activate. You miss out on the initial autopay credit but these are choices one makes.

If you use a payment card during activation and check the box that says autopay (or something) then you're set. But you don't have to.

I suppose this is true, but many people accustomed to monthly billing for their phone.

Both of these options work for paying for add-ons through 611.

• Register/save a credit card to your self-serve account
  • Enable autopay

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Please review an earlier post in this thread. To set up autopay requires a payment card to be registered. Registering a payment card does not require setting up autopay.

So your credit card is on file the minute you activate your sim card right? I don't see any "register payment card" in self-serve.

Ok, great you don't need autopay enabled. Just have a credit card associated with your Public Mobile account and you can purchase add-ons through 611.

Edit: after your post. Which is why I use a prepaid card.

And just to add...yes, activating using a payment card does in effect register it.

Ed404

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

So, if you have Autopay set up...you are good to go with any of the 611 purchases as well. I'm thinking.....

AE_Collector

Well...yes...be implication. ??

Personally I wouldn't save a credit card to an account unless it was automatically paying a bill.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

So, if you have Autopay set up...you are good to go with any of the 611 purchases as well. I'm thinking.....

AE_Collector

Well...yes...be implication. ??

AE_Collector

Ed404

@Anonymous wrote:

Please review an earlier post in this thread. To set up autopay requires a payment card to be registered. Registering a payment card does not require setting up autopay.

So your credit card is on file the minute you activate your sim card right? I don't see any "register payment card" in self-serve.

Ok, great you don't need autopay enabled. Just have a credit card associated with your Public Mobile account and you can purchase add-ons through 611.

@Ed404 wrote:

@wetcoaster @Anonymous

Screenshot_2019-12-17-Public-Mobile---Make-a-Payment.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

@wetcoaster @Anonymous

Ed404

@wetcoaster @Anonymous

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The payment card has to pre-registered to use it for 611.

611 can take vouchers.

How do I register my credit card?

In self serve.

Edit: ninja'd!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

611 can take vouchers.

In the self-serve.

Ed404

@Anonymous wrote:

611 can take vouchers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No. Autopay is an option above registering a payment card. You need a payment card registered to pay for anything without a voucher.

But yes you can buy add-ons (except the gifts) in 611.

If I want to buy an add-on through 611 do I have to enter my credit card/voucher details?

611 can take vouchers.

Ed404

@Anonymous wrote:

No. Autopay is an option above registering a payment card. You need a payment card registered to pay for anything without a voucher.

If I want to buy an add-on through 611 do I have to enter my credit card/voucher details?

@Rosguru wrote:

Yes Public Mobile is offering 400 free international mins which you need to add by going into your account.  These you can use to phone anyone in Canada, the States and some specified countries.  These 400 minutes are available till 25 December 2019.  They also offer a free 1 GB data for the holiday.  You need to select them in your "Purchase Add Ons" go to the darker blue section where you will see the freebies to purchase for 0.00 dollars.  Enjoy

Just to clarify the wording here: Both free holiday one-time add-ons have to be "purchased" by December 25, 2019. After that they stay in your account until used up, like regular full price add-ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

This is the first time that I hear of this and I might just have missed it - but can someone confirm from experience that 611 allows you to early renew the same plan? In my self serve that's not an option.

I'm supporting @Anonymous 's approach on  this one, if you want to keep the 400minutes for international calls you can add the $5/500min add-on as "overage" blanket.

I thought I saw it somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong I'm about to dial 611 and see lol. I know you can purchase add-ons though.

@Anonymous wrote:

We need moderator assistance to renew immediately.

Autopay isn't used for add-ons.

Yes, but you can purchase add-ons through dialing 611 right? In order to do that you need a credit card on file and wouldn't that require autopay to be enabled?

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes Public Mobile is offering 400 free international mins which you need to add by going into your account.  These you can use to phone anyone in Canada, the States and some specified countries.  These 400 minutes are available till 25 December 2019.  They also offer a free 1 GB data for the holiday.  You need to select them in your "Purchase Add Ons" go to the darker blue section where you will see the freebies to purchase for 0.00 dollars.  Enjoy

Ed404

@wetcoaster wrote:

This is the first time that I hear of this and I might just have missed it - but can someone confirm from experience that 611 allows you to early renew the same plan? In my self serve that's not an option.

I'm supporting @Anonymous 's approach on  this one, if you want to keep the 400minutes for international calls you can add the $5/500min add-on as "overage" blanket.

I thought I saw it somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong I'm about to dial 611 and see lol. I know you can purchase add-ons though.

EDIT: I dialed 611 you cannot renew your plan early that way. I got mixed up with what I heard yesterday and thought you could.

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, but you can purchase add-ons through dialing 611 right? In order to do that you need a credit card on file and wouldn't that require autopay to be enabled?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

When you run out of minutes and you urgently need to call someone you can dial 611 and renew the plan immediately or purchase an add-on for minutes. However there is no refund for unused minutes or data in a plan. For this to work you must have a credit card on file and I believe enabling autopay does this.

@Ed404 wrote:

When you run out of minutes and you urgently need to call someone you can dial 611 and renew the plan immediately or purchase an add-on for minutes. However there is no refund for unused minutes or data in a plan. For this to work you must have a credit card on file and I believe enabling autopay does this.

Need Help? Let's chat.