cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much data do we actually get when we pay for the plan with 8GB?

Thermozen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just paid for the plan with 8GB of data but when I was checking the settings for data usage I noticed that only 2.15 GB shows up. How data do we get when we pay for the 8GB plan: is it 2.15 GB or 8 GB?

4 REPLIES 4

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Log on to your self serve  acct and you should see how much data your getting with your monthly prepaid plan. How much are paying each month.  If your paying $50 minus any rewards , then you should be getting the 8Gigs of data.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Thermozen wrote:

I just paid for the plan with 8GB of data but when I was checking the settings for data usage I noticed that only 2.15 GB shows up. How data do we get when we pay for the 8GB plan: is it 2.15 GB or 8 GB?

@Thermozen when you say "settings for data usage", do you mean within your phone's settings?  If so, your phone has NO IDEA what data plan you are on--you have to update that in the data settings to match your plan. Also, since PM plans renew every 30 days rather than once-monthly-on-the-same-day-every-month like most carriers, you will need to manually reset your usage every 30 days if you want the phone's display to closely match what PM knows you have used.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Thermozen you get 8 gig and 8.5 gigs with autopay.  To see the correct amount look on the overview page. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should have 8GB.  Log into your account under data and add-ons.  There should be an amount showing xxxx/8192.

Need Help? Let's chat.