cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many days after you pay for long distance can it be used?

pd154
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This morning I bought a long distance add-on as I was going to be receiving some calls today . I assumed it would go through and be able to be used within an hour. It's not working yet and it's about 10 hours. I don't recall previously it taking days to work or is there something I am missing? It is a BC plan and I am travelling in Ontario. Here is the long distance showing in my account.

Thanks 

• My Data & Add-Ons
  • Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    200 min US and Canada Long Distance
    0  /  200 MIN
    6GB at 4G LTE Speed
    1896.367  /  6144 MB
    US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day)
    416.152  /  1000 MB
13 REPLIES 13

pd154

Hi, Well I figured out why I could not phone or text. In niagra falls Ont, the stronger signal must have still been the USA AT&T so it obviously would have used that one even though I was not "allowed " to phone or text on that system as my USA Phone and Data plan had apparently run out. Though looking at it it seems like it was on the 9th not 10th day but i may be miscalculating somehow. 

I locked it to the canadian signal, I think it was Telus, and it worked fine from then on. 

Thanks for all the info.

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@pd154 Wait a minute, do you have Talk in your plan?

This plan includes 6 GB of data.  I know of no plan with that much data LTE data and no minutes.  I bet it is a 90 day plan that has half the data of the 2016 fall promo.  Those plans included province wide calling and thus the need for a long distance add-on. 

It is possible to have it with Build your Own plans. The reason i suspected that is because OP said "This morning I bought a long distance add-on as I was going to be receiving some calls today" I thought of this as he bought the add-on just to receive calls.  

I do see a 1 GB US data add-on.  Not sure why that is needed when traveling in Ontario. 

It could be that OP just returned from USA? The US add-ons do not go away until 10 days from purchase date. 

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

This plan includes 6 GB of data.  I know of no plan with that much data LTE data and no minutes.  I bet it is a 90 day plan that has half the data of the 2016 fall promo.  Those plans included province wide calling and thus the need for a long distance add-on. 

It is possible to have it with Build your Own plans. The reason i suspected that is because OP said "This morning I bought a long distance add-on as I was going to be receiving some calls today" I thought of this as he bought the add-on just to receive calls.  

I do see a 1 GB US data add-on.  Not sure why that is needed when traveling in Ontario. 

@pd154 wrote:

Thank you all for almost immediate replies.  

I have not received any calls,  but it could be that I am just not that popular. I attempted multiple times to call BC from Ontario but received a message saying something like " you don't have a valid long distance plan". 

Have you tried inserting a 1 in front of the 10 digit number? 

pd154

Thank you all for almost immediate replies.  

I have not received any calls,  but it could be that I am just not that popular. I attempted multiple times to call BC from Ontario but received a message saying something like " you don't have a valid long distance plan". 

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

This plan includes 6 GB of data.  I know of no plan with that much data and no minutes. 

Yeah they don't show minutes there, at least not when it's unlimited talk. 🙂

@NDesai wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pd154, everything looks good from here.  You have used 0 out of 200 available minutes.  When you see the add-on in the account, it is ready to be used.  When you travel to Ontario, receiving calls will not consume any of these long distance minutes.  Likewise making calls to Ontario area code numbers will not consume any long distance minutes.  Calling back to BC will use long distance minutes.  Bon Voyage. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pd154 wrote:

This morning I bought a long distance add-on as I was going to be receiving some calls today . I assumed it would go through and be able to be used within an hour. It's not working yet and it's about 10 hours. I don't recall previously it taking days to work or is there something I am missing? It is a BC plan and I am travelling in Ontario. Here is the long distance showing in my account.

Thanks 

• My Data & Add-Ons
  • Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    200 min US and Canada Long Distance
    0  /  200 MIN
    6GB at 4G LTE Speed
    1896.367  /  6144 MB
    US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day)
    416.152  /  1000 MB

In Canada, the caller pays for the long distance charge.  

Long distance add-on minutes is for you when you call long distance numbers.

That is the reason why you have not used any long distance minutes because the person who called you today paid for the long distance charges.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It should work right away and i see that add-on is correctly added to your account. This add-on is for dialing outside of your province. It should not interfere when receiving calls anywhere in Canada. 

What happens when you dial a number by adding 1 in front of the number?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

It looks like you completed the 2nd step as it shows in your account so it should be good to go right away.

When you say "It doesn't work" What is the error message? "Public Mobile here. Sorry, Talk is not included in your current plan...." Or?

Need Help? Let's chat.