cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lostinspace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How long will the Koodo 5GB $35/month promo go for?

I would be skeptical for koodo coverage though. Will it be as good as PM?!! I don't know. Is it worth switching for an extra GB if you were on spring promo plan from PM?! May be not... coverage is something nobody advertises but its felt only after using.. so, may be learn more about people in your area using koodo then may be think about it.. I just love PM....

pku
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@lostinspace

Koodo and PM are both owned by Telus. Whatever service you are getting for PM you would get the same for Koodo/Telus.

xKen

@lostinspace wrote:

I would be skeptical for koodo coverage though. Will it be as good as PM?!! I don't know. Is it worth switching for an extra GB if you were on spring promo plan from PM?! May be not... coverage is something nobody advertises but its felt only after using.. so, may be learn more about people in your area using koodo then may be think about it.. I just love PM....

Like someone else said, Telus is the parent company of Koodo and Public Mobile, doubt it'll be much different.

Not only is it 1GB more, but I won't be locked into 90day renewal cycle. On top of that, there's a $180 bill credit. AAAAAND a gift card if I activate it at a physical store...

lostinspace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Someone else may have not mentioned it but koodo is the step down (economic option) company of TELUS while PM is not. PM is getting the same level of coverage and service that TELUS customers get. once you are with KOODO, you are depending on their TELUS rated network for their second tier. Yeah, giftcard and credit makes the deal sweeter, but at the end as I said coverage is not something advertised but felt just like hundreds of third tier customers. It really depends on what are your priorities, more money in your pocket or getting actually what you are ready to pay for!! 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TCity Gift card deal is on weekdays & weekends no expiry but for the weekends you’ll get bonus gift card 🙂

xKen

@lostinspace wrote:

Someone else may have not mentioned it but koodo is the step down (economic option) company of TELUS while PM is not. PM is getting the same level of coverage and service that TELUS customers get. once you are with KOODO, you are depending on their TELUS rated network for their second tier. Yeah, giftcard and credit makes the deal sweeter, but at the end as I said coverage is not something advertised but felt just like hundreds of third tier customers. It really depends on what are your priorities, more money in your pocket or getting actually what you are ready to pay for!! 

You can make ~$600 if you play this right...at $35/month, that's ~15months free lol I'm not gonna complain about bad coverage when it's free.

mimmo
Oracle

@@xKen @How do you get the 600?

xKen

@mimmo read previous comments, check phone market price, and do some simple mafs Smiley Wink

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let's say you got the iphone 6 from Walmart for $0 on small tab:

$375 walmart gift card

$200 in bill credits

$30 activation fee, but refunded in 2-3 months

iphone 6 is worth ~$250

so $250 + $375 + $200 = $825, but you have to pay $10/month for 24 months on small tab, so subtract $240

= $585

Not 100% accurate since I didn't include taxes anywhere.  Also have to take into account your monthly rate plan, which might be slightly more expensive than PM since there are no autopay/community/loyalty rewards with Koodo.  Plus any unused time/credit when you close your PM account.

xKen

@mimmo read previous comments, check phone market price, and do some simple mafs Smiley Wink

Tags (1)
Need Help? Let's chat.