cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is current $40month plan being offered? does the 4.5 G data roll to next mnth if not used?

Abayomi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

22 REPLIES 22

Well that would be a factor. Some prioritize higher speed much more than I would but we are all different in how we use our phones. If the 90 day plan were identical to 3 - 30 day plans in all aspects, the 90 day plan allows more data flexibility in that unused data in the first 30 days doesn't expire but sticks around for tge 90 days giving you more opportunity to use it up.

AE_Collector

@gblackma wrote:

Isn't the unlimited data speed the reason  people keep the 120 plan?

@Abayomi wrote:

This is the plan I am currently on.... $120 for 90 days
This plan includes: -
- 3 + 3GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 Days
- 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Provincial Talk

is the 4.5 gig (plus 500mb for auto pay) for 30 days.... SLOWER? I thought both plans were the same speed? 

5 gigs a month for the same price seems like a much better deal than what I have now. Unless I’m not reading it correctly? thanks for your help

@gblackma 

There are several versions of the $120/90day plan. 

The infamous 2016 Fall Promo and the similar Port-from-Freedom-Promo in August 2017 (I think) were for 12GB of LTE data over 90days. If the data amount and province wide calling work out for the account holder I'd hold onto that one "forever".

The plan that @Abayomi is on was offered later and is definitely less value in terms of data amount (2GB/30days for $40) and speed (3G speed like all current plans) than the 2016 Fall Promo. So switching to 5GB/30days for $40 is a no brainer in my book. 

* All prices before rewards.

Isn't the unlimited data speed the reason  people keep the 120 plan?

@Abayomi wrote:

is the 4.5 gig (plus 500mb for auto pay) for 30 days.... SLOWER? I thought both plans were the same speed? 

5 gigs a month for the same price seems like a much better deal than what I have now. Unless I’m not reading it correctly? thanks for your help

Tony_Xu

4.5 G data does not roll to next month. But I predict there would be better deals to replace $40month plan due to the competition in the market.

@sbranden wrote:

Are plans we are on grandfathered forver?

Nobody can guarantee that your plan will remain unchanged forever. It's very rare, but in the past, Public Mobile has increased plan prices for a small number of existing customers. They do reserve the right to do it by providing 30 days of notice for such a change.

sbranden

Are plans we are on grandfathered forver?

Abayomi

I wish I was grandfathered with that speed. 😁 thanks for your help!

@Abayomi 

Sorry, we were assuming that you were on the older grandfathered plans with LTE speed.

Yes, definetely switch then.  You will get more data of the same speed.  

Abayomi

@Abayomi wrote:

I only get 7 gigs

@Abayomi 

If it is only 7 GB over 90 day of LTE speed data, it probably worth change to monthly 5 GB of 3G speed data.  

Change plans at your plan next renewal date.  If you change your plan earlier, you will lost whavever is remaining in your original plan.  PM does not pro-rate plans. 

Abayomi

I only get 7 gigs

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Abayomi wrote:

I’m on a different PM plan right now $120 for 3 months which will be renewing (on auto pay) in three weeks. It has less data than the $40 plan. Can I schedule the $40 plan with 5 gigs (on auto play) so it will just switch over when my other one ends? Then I won’t loose my last three weeks that I have already paid for?? 

You are giving up the flexibility of sharing 12GB data over 90 days for extra 1GB data per 30 days.

After the plan change, we will not be able to get it back since it is no longer offered by PM.

@Abayomi wrote:

I’m on a different PM plan right now $120 for 3 months which will be renewing (on auto pay) in three weeks. It has less data than the $40 plan. Can I schedule the $40 plan with 5 gigs (on auto play) so it will just switch over when my other one ends? Then I won’t loose my last three weeks that I have already paid for?? 

While you might get less data, you get faster speed.  While most things I do on the phone doesn't require full LTE speed, there's are things like pure downloads where I do need the speed.  I would never give up my legacy plan.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abayomi wrote:

That's exactly how to do it if you like your money.

If that's the famous $120 plan then there are people still on it that would not give it up.

You can make your selection...then scroll down to bottom of page to "Change plan at next renewal". That way you won't be billed until next renewal.

Abayomi

@AE_Collector wrote:

It was discontinued for no more than a week last spring sometime. Might have been when they did the big house cleaning of plans. A friend rushed to grab it as we were given notice that it was being discontinued. A week later it was back.

I remember that the the $40 plan had its data amount in half, just as it was at Chatr at the time, When Lucky Mobile didn't follow, Public Mobile pretty much had no choice but to up the data amount back up to 5GB.

It was discontinued for no more than a week last spring sometime. Might have been when they did the big house cleaning of plans. A friend rushed to grab it as we were given notice that it was being discontinued. A week later it was back.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Abayomi 

The $40 4.5GB plan with autopay enabled to get bonus 500MB data was offered over 1 year ago since 22 Nov 2018.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Get-500MB-AutoPay-bonus-data-on...

Unused data will not be rolled over to next 30days cycle.

Only unused add-on data will be rolled over to next cycle until completely used.

Edit:

This was offered to the existing and new customers.  That was a great time to be with PM.  I was already with autopay on the $40 4.5GB plan.  I scheduled my plan change on my next renewal date to get extra 500MB data.

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This $ 40-month plan is being offered a few months ago I guess. And The 4.5GB data will not be carried to next month. It will be renewed

@totalUseris correct, but that being said, it's been around a long time.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

No it resets every cycle back to 0 and you have 30 days to use it

Nobody knows how long it will stick around

Something else, use the credit card and it will be 5g and would cost $38.

You don't have to use cc for payment, you just have to register to get benefits

Need Help? Let's chat.