cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for my add-on minutes to activate

zmawani
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just purchased some add-on long distance minutes. It seems to have been paid (8$ charged to my cc), but I don't see it anywhere on my account details. How long does it usually take to show up/I can begin to use the minutes?

Also, will it show me how many minutes I have left at some point?

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xCameron94x@RogerI as I understand it, it was designed this way intentionally, it's not a glitch.  I didn't get to hear any rationalization for why that design was chosen, but I feel strongly that it was a poor choice that should be replaced ASAP.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@RogerI maybe it could just be a thing to prevent a wrongful order, like a miss click on a different add on, but who knows.

I get that funds need to be in the account, but it should not take 2 steps. Maybe it could just be a glitch in the system that has yet to be fixed

RogerI

Another guy bit by the silly two step process. 

I have yet to understand what is the benefit of this process.

Maybe someone could enlighten me?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@zmawani After you complete the purchase, please have a look at this idea thread and click on bravo to vote it up, I'd you think this process should be simplified too: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Purchasing-add-ons-should-be-a-single-step-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

zmawani

Ok, got it. Thanks,

adding these add ons is a two step process

The first is to add the funds into your account. Once the funds are there, then you can add the add on. Its like going back to the first step where you chose the add on

After you've done this, its recommend that you re start the phone

zmawani

How do I go and select the add on? I don't really see where I would go that is different from where I went to put the money into my account. I might be missing a likely basic step but I can't tell what I'm supposed to do at this point

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have not purchased add-on minutes myself.  From what I have read on this forum, it is a two step process.  Step 1 results in money being added to the account.  You need to go back and select the add on and make the actual purchase using the money that has been put into the account in step 1.  Once completed, the add on is available to use immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.