cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How happy I am to be with Public Mobile!

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is the news I came across yesterday:

"Bell, Rogers, And Telus Are All Hiking Prices On Their Super Popular 10 GB Data Plans"

Oh well, many of those big 3 customers will now jump ship just in defiance. 

I am happy with my plan from 2016 which never increased and hopefully Telus won't destroy.

6 REPLIES 6

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Perhaps this shock and 'jumping ship' to more affordable phone service providers - including PM - will drive up competition?? I can only hope...

I use Telus for home services, and my internet bill has been steadily increasingly over the past 2 years 😞

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

@ute1978 wrote:

This is the news I came across yesterday:

"Bell, Rogers, And Telus Are All Hiking Prices On Their Super Popular 10 GB Data Plans"

Oh well, many of those big 3 customers will now jump ship just in defiance. 

I am happy with my plan from 2016 which never increased and hopefully Telus won't destroy.

wow a plan from 2016 is still holding u over. PM must've had some real good plans back then. I would imagine plans get better and cheaper with time moving forward lol

@slash407 if anything I believe most  plans get worse and more expensive, not cheaper and better. 

@slash407, many here are still on the Fall 2016 Promo.  It was full speed LTE for 90 days, province wide calling, global sms, and 12 GB.

A great plan indeed.  All plans since don’t match or exceed, yet.  Maybe one day...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alex888 wrote:
The author of the article said they didn't know, but has anyone heard whether Public Mobile will be affected by Telus raising the rates?

@Alex888no one in the community knows anything about prices. we find out when an announcemnt is made.  there have been a bew price increases on legasy customers and 1 attempt to increase the price on fall promo in teh 2+ years i have been with PM

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
The author of the article said they didn't know, but has anyone heard whether Public Mobile will be affected by Telus raising the rates?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, PM is a wonderful place! Hope to be here a long time and get others to consider it as an alternative.

Great cell service in its own right but love the community support aspect. I experience the same thing with Fongo/Freephoneline -- solid service that's easy on the wallet, and forum-driven support. Coupled with Teksavvy for internet. Glad these types of services still exist!

Need Help? Let's chat.