cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you call 911 if you can’t call out?

Lv73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lv73 wrote:

I tried to call out twice and it said my package doesn't allow outgoing calls!  I was just wondering how you call out if you don't have the $50 package which is to only one that lets you call out that's all

@Lv73   Just purchase the $5/500 mins as already suggested, then you have access to outgoing mins, any leftover mins from the 500 will keep rolling over every cycle until used up.  I believe the majority of people here with the $15 plan have at least one, if not more, of that add-on just for those times when all your outgoing mins get depleted before your plan gets reset at renewal.

Edit:  @Lv73   Just to add some further info you need to add funds first to your account and then select "Purchase Add-ons" about half way down in the overview page of your selfserve account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lv73 wrote:

I only have the $15 package and it doesn't allow you to call out only incoming calls

The $15 plan has only 100 outgoing minutes and unlimited incoming minute.

If you used all your 100 outgoing minutes for the current billing cycle, you cannot dial out after next renewal or after purchasing a $5 500 minutes add-on.

Login to account and check on the minutes usage line on your overview page after login.

I am using the $15 plan too.  Currently, I had used 17 outgoing minutes.

If you do not see the minutes usage line, you had used all your minutes.

You can buy the $5 500 minutes add-on.

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
17  /  100 MIN
1GB Promo
102.004  /  1024 MB
250 MB at 3G speed
6.484  /  250 MB

Lv73

its ok I finally got to call out it was just an error in my contacts that was stopping me lol! Don't ask!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lv73 wrote:

I only have the $15 package and it doesn't allow you to call out only incoming calls

Yes you only have 100 minutes outgoing with that plan. Are you just asking for knowledge or are you experiencing this? (don't just test it now 🙂 )

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Lv73 wrote:

@Lv73 So you ran out of your 100 minutes? You can buy a500 min Canada wide add on for $5. Having said that, no need for minutes to call 911.

Lv73

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Lv73 As stated you don't need a sim card or cell service to call 911. Why can't you seem to call out? That would be a separate issue.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

All phones can call 911 without a sim card.

Try rebooting your phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

You can call 911 from any cell phone with our without a sim card in it.

Need Help? Let's chat.