cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do you buy an add-on when you account is suspended, even though it is on autopay?

Hi, 

I have autopay for my account but my account has been temporarily suspended--I guess I am supposed to disregard this as per the message box at the top of my account page? I am trying to purchase add-ons for US Roaming but it will not allow me to do so even though I have added money to my balance for it. 

Will the message that says my account is suspended clear? Do I have to do anything in the meantime? I need the US add-on by tomorrow. 

Thanks!

Mayor / Maire

Re: How do you buy an add-on when you account is suspended, even though it is on autopay?

@torontouser123 

Is your phone still working right now?  Calls, texts and data?  If so, then you can ignore the warning sign.  

As for buying ad add on, it is a two step process.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Mayor / Maire

Re: How do you buy an add-on when you account is suspended, even though it is on autopay?

@torontouser123 wrote:

Hi, 

I have autopay for my account but my account has been temporarily suspended--I guess I am supposed to disregard this as per the message box at the top of my account page? I am trying to purchase add-ons for US Roaming but it will not allow me to do so even though I have added money to my balance for it. 

Will the message that says my account is suspended clear? Do I have to do anything in the meantime? I need the US add-on by tomorrow. 

Thanks!

@torontouser123  If your phone is working and you can make/receive calls etc then you can ignore this message. Is your phone working?

As for purchasing a US Roaming add-on you can find a step by step instructions by clicking here.

Mayor / Maire

Mayor / Maire

@torontouser123 If it is your renewal date it is normal for your account to say Suspended or Expired until payment goes through, your phone should keep working. If your phone is not working or it's not your renewal date then there is a problem with your account and you will need to contact the moderators. Also, if your phone isn't working then you don't have an active plan and will not be able to purchase an add-on.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for everyones help. My phone appears to be working but when I go to the add-on page, the "Buy Add-ons" button does not respond to my clicks. I also called 611, and the US add-on feature option was not available to me. 

I am guessing its because on the renewal date, the account appears suspended (see pic below). Does anyone know how long it takes for account payments to process?  This is a really annoying bug in the system.  pic.PNG

@torontouser123, what is your plan, which addon are you specifically looking for?

Edit: I see your screenshot says your plan is expired.  *if* your phone is working, wait until after 12:00 noon ET, to try buying the addon.  12:00 seems to be the time that the entire renewal process actually ends now.