cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you buy an add-on when you account is suspended, even though it is on autopay?

torontouser123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I have autopay for my account but my account has been temporarily suspended--I guess I am supposed to disregard this as per the message box at the top of my account page? I am trying to purchase add-ons for US Roaming but it will not allow me to do so even though I have added money to my balance for it. 

Will the message that says my account is suspended clear? Do I have to do anything in the meantime? I need the US add-on by tomorrow. 

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

@90_hour_sleep 

Are you saying that once your plan renewed at midnight eastern (9pm here) you were still unable to use your 100 outgoing minutes? Normally once your plan renews and your minute counter resets you are good to go. Later today once your plan is paid for and you return to active status I suggest you purchase the $5/500min add on so it's there waiting to be used in this kind of situation.

Alternatively download the fongo app. It works on both wifi and mobile data (0.5mb=1min) and is handy to use to check voicemail so you don't waste outgoing minutes checking your voicemail. Just dial your phone number. When it connects press "*" and enter your 4 digit voicemail pin#.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@90_hour_sleep : That's what I wondered. The system resets at midnight ET so your counter shows the 100 minutes again. Maybe try airplane mode in/out and see if you can call. Or even a full restart.

Edit: Yet it looks like you've used a little of the reset plan data.

Edit again: Come on man I could some o' that 90 hours of sleep 🙂 . So no...you can't buy add-ons while in suspension. The system thinks you're suspended. But it's a general rule that as long as services keep working it should be fine. But indeed maybe with the limited minutes it's in a bit of a limbo.

As mentioned, if you don't need the phone this evening then it should sort itself out through to the morning and you should be able to use your 100 minutes. And yes, the $5 add-on is a great add-on for the limited minutes plan. They're buy once and consume over time.

@90_hour_sleep wrote:

Renewal is for the 21st yep.  I ran out of minutes today.  Tried to buy more...but have been blocked.  Hoping it renews tonight (i'm on the west coast...so still a hour or so until ''tomorrow'' :D)

Curious if anyone knows how long this little bubble of ''limbo'' exists for.  My phone is working...but I am unable to make calls as I'm out of minutes.  Ordinarily not a big deal.

If your on the west coast, renewal is happening right now. It is in Eastern Time. By tomorrow morning you should be good to go. Next time buy the 500 Canada wide minutes add on for $5. The time remains on your account from cycle to cycle until used up.

Edit: If you look at the transaction history ….the payment has still not been taken out. It will happen by tomorrow morning sometime.

90_hour_sleep

minutes appear to be ''on hold''

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 10.38.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 10.45.06 PM.png

90_hour_sleep

Renewal is for the 21st yep.  I ran out of minutes today.  Tried to buy more...but have been blocked.  Hoping it renews tonight (i'm on the west coast...so still a hour or so until ''tomorrow'' :D)

Curious if anyone knows how long this little bubble of ''limbo'' exists for.  My phone is working...but I am unable to make calls as I'm out of minutes.  Ordinarily not a big deal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@90_hour_sleep : Can you post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

If the date up top is the 21st then tonight is your renewal. Are your services working? Did the minutes get reset on the plan? Have you tried calling out?

90_hour_sleep

Yep.  Having the same issue.  I'm on autopay...my plan is set to renew tomorrow...but I suspect that doesn't happen until tomorrow evening.  In the meantime, I'm attempting to buy extra minutes for tomorrow (because I'm out of minutes for the current billing period).  I have lots of available funds, but because of the autopay feature, it's as if I'm locked out from purchasing add-ons.  So, I'm effectively without minutes for tomorrow because my account is ''suspended'' due to ''insufficient funds''.  

Bit of a random loophole.  Suspect there is no solution for this other than to wait.  Would be a good bug to fix...because these scenarios crop up from time to time.  Had I known this would've been an issue, I would've added some minutes yesterday instead just to be sure.  I rarely use my phone...but I'm in need tomorrow...and now will likely be without.

It's a bit confusing to explain...wondering if anyone has found a workaround...

@torontouser123, what is your plan, which addon are you specifically looking for?

Edit: I see your screenshot says your plan is expired.  *if* your phone is working, wait until after 12:00 noon ET, to try buying the addon.  12:00 seems to be the time that the entire renewal process actually ends now.

torontouser123

Thanks for everyones help. My phone appears to be working but when I go to the add-on page, the "Buy Add-ons" button does not respond to my clicks. I also called 611, and the US add-on feature option was not available to me. 

I am guessing its because on the renewal date, the account appears suspended (see pic below). Does anyone know how long it takes for account payments to process?  This is a really annoying bug in the system.  pic.PNG

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@torontouser123 If it is your renewal date it is normal for your account to say Suspended or Expired until payment goes through, your phone should keep working. If your phone is not working or it's not your renewal date then there is a problem with your account and you will need to contact the moderators. Also, if your phone isn't working then you don't have an active plan and will not be able to purchase an add-on.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@torontouser123 wrote:

Hi, 

I have autopay for my account but my account has been temporarily suspended--I guess I am supposed to disregard this as per the message box at the top of my account page? I am trying to purchase add-ons for US Roaming but it will not allow me to do so even though I have added money to my balance for it. 

Will the message that says my account is suspended clear? Do I have to do anything in the meantime? I need the US add-on by tomorrow. 

Thanks!

@torontouser123  If your phone is working and you can make/receive calls etc then you can ignore this message. Is your phone working?

As for purchasing a US Roaming add-on you can find a step by step instructions by clicking here.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@torontouser123 

Is your phone still working right now?  Calls, texts and data?  If so, then you can ignore the warning sign.  

As for buying ad add on, it is a two step process.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Need Help? Let's chat.