cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I pay for a plan upgrade

daroo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Partway through month. Want to upgrade plan. Will you let me give you this money (new plan cost - old plan cost) or do I switch cell providers forever?

5 REPLIES 5

Nadia2021
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi , thanks for your answer. That is one of the best complete answers for the question.

@daroo 

The most common reason for a plan upgrade mid-cycle is the need for more data. Make sure that the amount of data needed justifies the plan upgrade (which it often does) compared to the price of the $15/1gb data add on whose unused data will roll over every month until completely consumed.

If you are on the $15 canada-wide calling plan or any other legacy/grandfathered plan like the 90 day plans or any plan that has unthrottled "full speed" 4G LTE data once you change your plan you will be unable to change back to those plans. If the plan you are upgrading to is only temporary you may want to schedule a "change on next renewal" plan change immediately afterwards so as to "lock in" the  $5 discounted price before it goes up. 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@daroo wrote:

Partway through month. Want to upgrade plan. Will you let me give you this money (new plan cost - old plan cost) or do I switch cell providers forever?

Hi @daroo to change plans

>> log in your self serve account https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

>> click on Payment and choose One-Time Payment

Make a Payment one-time payment.png

>> Add funds to pay your new plan

>> then click the Plan and Add-on tab

>> click "Change Plan" 

>> choose the Plan you want to upgrade to

>> Choose Change Plan Now or Change on next Renewal

Please note that you can upgrade now or on your next renewal.  If you choose to change plans now, this warning will pop up, warning you that this change will take effect immediately and any remaining time in your old plan will be lost.

RosieR_0-1616622772586.png

Your choice.

May I ask why you want to upgrade?  If you are just out of data or minutes, you can buy some Add-ons to tie you over to your next renewal date.  Any add-on minutes or data will rollover to next cycle until fully consumed.

500 Canada-wide minutes - $5

200 mb data - $5

Please keep us updated.  Thanks in advance

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@daroo wrote:

@daroo 

You're free to upgrade plans at any time.

Would recommend making change upon next renewal, as opposed to an immediate plan change.

See the Service Terms (bottom of page) regarding prepaid service refunds:

HALIMACS_0-1616622204575.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daroo, if you chose to do an immediate plan change, you loose whatever is left in the current cycle.  You will have to pay the full price of the new plan.  You can change plans now, but have it start at your next renewal date 9to avoid loosing anything).

Need Help? Let's chat.