cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact someone to change my plan prior to plan renewal?

Astone86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to change my plan and upgrade from 40$ to 50$, to top up account it is saying to apply full amout voucher however wouldn't it be prorated?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

@Astone86 wrote:

I need to change my plan and upgrade from 40$ to 50$, to top up account it is saying to apply full amout voucher however wouldn't it be prorated?

Thank you

You're not supposed to contact anyone for something like this.  There isn't anything that needs to be discussed with customer service since there are no refunds on partially used billing cycles if you decide ton make an immediate plan change.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Astone86 When you add your voucher in My Account, you have an option to change plan. If your old plan has been charged, you should not change it at the moment for you will lose the rest of unused minutes or data. If you have not set up "My account", you can do it now. You can easily monitor your usage and change plan ahead of time. Once you have "My Account" set up, you can schedule your plan change in your next cycle. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Astone86 wrote:

Thank you

@Astone86 plan changes at Public Mobile are NOT pro-rated.  These are pre-paid plans and if you do an immediate plan change, you forfeit anything remaining in your current 30 days without refund, and then are charged for a new 30 days starting now on your new plan.  

The alternative is the button on the other side of the dialog which is to schedule the plan change for your next renewal date.  If you click that, you keep using your current $40 plan until your renwal date, and at that point you will switch.  Doing it this way means you are "stuck" on your current plan until renewal, but, you don't lose anything do to the lack of pro-rating.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Purplepan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can either do it through "My Account" online and go to "Change Plan" to select a new plan. Or, dial *611 from your phone. It is not prorated so whenever you change it, any days in your plan that were not used are not given back to you. The new 30 day cycle starts when you change your plan. Hope that helps. 

Need Help? Let's chat.