cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I complain about a moderator?

mcsindigo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Instead of answering my questions a moderator changed my plan without my permission (to a more costly one, of course). Since Public Mobile has access to my credit card this means they will charge me for a service I don't want and didn't authorize. Seems like theft to me.

How do I complain about this? The moderator who did this doesn't respond to my further messages.

25 REPLIES 25

@mcsindigo 

I'm glad everything has worked out in the end. We all make mistakes....on both sides of the fence as a result the moderators are very forgiving with our mistakes  that would never be corrected by other providers. We can only return the favour when a moderator messes up.

Public mobiles website is the fiat of provider sites in theory it should be slick and quick but in reality it has Tony on speed dial for a very long "to do" list. When he's not making emergency repairs he gets another one crossed off the list. You'll either fall in love pm rust spots, dents and all or go sour on it and call it a lemon.

For many of us the rewards sweeten the pot enough to make lemonade and sell it to others.

mcsindigo

Thanks to everyone in the community for helping a newbie out.

The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. Everyone that has contacted me privately has been surprised that a Mod would change my plan without asking for my permission. But all recognize that that is what happened. My plan has been changed back and my account credited the difference. The best explanation by all seems to be a lack of training, but whether that really turns out to be the case is an HR issue that I'm not privy to.

I do find much of the Public website counter-intuitive and awkward (and un-aesthetic), especially for a web-based operation, but I'll learn to live with it, and hopefully now have a much better sense of how to navigate it.

Again, thanks all.

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mcsindigo wrote:

Instead of answering my questions a moderator changed my plan without my permission (to a more costly one, of course). Since Public Mobile has access to my credit card this means they will charge me for a service I don't want and didn't authorize. Seems like theft to me.

How do I complain about this? The moderator who did this doesn't respond to my further messages.

Hi @mcsindigo  

Sorry that you had to experience this! I'm going to look into this situation. 

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Catherine

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@mcsindigo wrote:

What exactly did you ask for?

What was the offered resolution?

Did you possibly accept the resolution without completely understanding it?

While you have issues understandably.....did the resolution provide what you were looking for?

Have you reviewed all of the communications?

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

I think @Tiana_V would fall on deaf ears unless you know something i dont....

@Anonymous 

Tiana is no longer with Public Mobile. She has moved to a different division of Telus.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mcsindigo wrote:

@mcsindigo, I have sent you a private message check on the envelope in the top right-hand corner of the screen to view it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Helpershelper wrote:

@mcsindigo 

Here are some ways to escalate your complaint:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/contact/

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

https://www.telus.com/en/support/contact-us/escalations/

@Helpershelper, while those are options lets hope we can help this person resolve what is probably just a misunderstanding at the lowest level.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mcsindigo

Thanks for that.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mcsindigo wrote:

The change has gone into effect.

It does not matter.  If you did not ask for plan change, you should reply to your support ticket to ask moderator to put you back to your original plan.  You may get another moderator as the original moderator may not working today.  Let us know what moderator will do. We will tell you what to do next.

Then, you purchase your add-ons again.  If you asked us first before going to support ticket, we will tell you buying add-on is a two steps process.  First, add fund to your account.  Second, purchase the add-on using the available fund in your account. 

@mcsindigo 

As per my message to you follow @Anonymous advice. Just remember the same advice I was given about a year ago when I was new as well. If you don't agree with the moderator's response seek a second opinion.

Whenever you deal with a moderator when you are finished with them ( good or bad) ask for a review link. You can then rate your experience for pm to review. This way the moderator can either get the praise for good work or more training if they need it. Or pm can rework and address the failure in proper customer support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcsindigo wrote:

Thanks for you quick response.

I got a notice that I was running out of data and out of phone minutes, so I bought more of each. Public changed my credit card for this but didn't give me either the minutes or data. When I complained the moderator decided I just needed a bigger account and changed it.

Seems the moderator was unclear on the concept of add-ons. Ask them to return you to the previous plan you were on and credit back the purchase of the changed plan which would leave you with a balance in your Available Funds.

Then purchase your add-ons you want with those Available Funds.

mcsindigo

Yes. But I don't think it matters what plan I started out on and what plan I was moved to. I didn't make the request.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@mcsindigo 

When you use the "@" key to tag someone in will notify them that you've mentioned them. The tagged names @Anonymous  supplied are part of Pm management that you can send a private message to or draw their attention to a post or a thread because its important.

I will give you a detailed response in your private messages.

I'm sure we would all like to follow along. Other customers etc.

@mcsindigo 

When you use the "@" key to tag someone in will notify them that you've mentioned them. The tagged names @Anonymous  supplied are part of Pm management that you can send a private message to or draw their attention to a post or a thread because its important.

I will give you a detailed response in your private messages.

mcsindigo

Hi,

Since I'm new to Public, I don't know what the @ name list is or what I am to do with this information. Could you explain?

@Anonymous 

Nor do I and I've helped a few people thru some questionable moderator interactions. I've had a few myself....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

I don't know if she's gone, gone but the tag still worked and came up with her name.

I don't have a lot of patience for poor or bad moderator response. But you're right...nor do we know what transpired in the interaction. They're usually very good. At least they have been to me.

Edit: very sensible of kevenv.

@mcsindigo It sounds like you tried to buy more minutes and data as add ons? It is a two step process. First you add the funds to your account (CC is charged). They show up in your account as funds available. THEN you buy the add on. If there was a misunderstanding, private message a new moderator via the link below. Don't be so quick to yell theft. Sounds like a misunderstanding.

You can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

@mcsindigo 

That is not the usual process....were you on the $15 and moved up to the $25?

@Anonymous 

mcsindigo

The change has gone into effect.

mcsindigo

Thanks for you quick response.

I got a notice that I was running out of data and out of phone minutes, so I bought more of each. Public changed my credit card for this but didn't give me either the minutes or data. When I complained the moderator decided I just needed a bigger account and changed it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mcsindigo 

This is an unusual circumstance for a moderator to change anything in your account without you requesting it first. What was the original issue that you contacted the moderators for and what led to the plan change?

Edit: Has it changed yet or is it scheduled to change on your next renewal?

Need Help? Let's chat.