cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my plan?

Private4u
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When logged into self serve I cannot access my account information.  Been trying to change my plan with no luck. 

17 REPLIES 17

@Private4u, if you are indeed going to go to another carrier, please remember to do so BEFORE your account expires, as you'll not be able to port your number if the account isn't active.  If this isn't a concern, then you can take your time.

@Private4u There's voodoo in the air. Cleared my browser history, and tried again from my phone. No problem now! 

So my conclusion is that there is an issue with the phone settings, but I have no idea how to clear it while only using cellular data.

What is your phone make/model?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Private4u wrote:

I only see the top 5 black tabs at top of screen. Nothing else. Everything below that is blank

.. thanks for your attempt but I'm just going to let my plan run out and renew with a different company. Cheers

@Private4u

I'm not sure if I read your information correctly, somehow it looks to me like you are not logged into your self-serve account...

Have you clicked on the link that @Luddite provided? Here it is again: selfserve.publicmobile.ca  It gets you to the self-serve account log in page. Then you can click the grey Plan and Add-ons and select Change Plan, which brings you to the plan selector.

EDIT: Just saw @Luddite reply above, so this is probably irrelevant. Sorry for the inconvenience!

@Private4u OK you're trying to use your web browser from the phone. I can you tell that it fails on my phone too; "Safari cannot establish a secure connection". However, when I use wifi it will connect.

So, I think you are stuck until you have access wifi, or a PC. I would not wait for PM to fix this.

Some more info. After connecting with wifi, logging in and out, then reverting to cellular data I could access the account login.

Interesting, but not much help for you today. You will need to connect with the moderators.

@Private4u wrote:

Tried on two different phones. Same issue.  Internet connection is fine. Tried incognito mode. Phone and plan is still active. I can browse the PM site but it will only display the top tabs. I can go into plans but won't let me choose one. Really frustrating when there is no one to call and no help.  Using a lot of data screwing with this.   

Try desktop mode. If not, use PC instead of phone to access the self-server properly. 

TaylorJW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm sorry to hear that @Private4u. Obviously I can't make you stay and you should go with whatever company best suits your needs, but you should consider that right now you are posting in a community forum and are being assisted exclusively by community members that are not representatives of Public Mobile.

If you are needing assistance from a Public Mobile representative you should go ahead and contact @CS_Agent directly with your account number, phone number, and the problem you're experiencing. Attaching screenshots of your issue and providing as much information as possible will help them to assist you.

For what it's worth, when I was experiencing an issue a few days ago and messaged them directly they got it fixed for me in under an hour. I would highly recommend messaging them directly about your issue first before giving up.

Private4u

I only see the top 5 black tabs at top of screen. Nothing else. Everything below that is blank

.. thanks for your attempt but I'm just going to let my plan run out and renew with a different company. Cheers

Private4u

Honestly I think I am done with public mobile. Been with them since day one.  Referred a bunch of people but since they changed to this chat system and made away with customer service it's been nothing but a headache. My plan expired on October 4th.  I will be switching to another company... thanks for trying to help. 

TaylorJW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there, and welcome to the Public Mobile community.

I'm happy to assist you with that today. First of all, would you mind going ahead and attempting to follow the instructions I've provided you below? If you have access to a computer that you can use to try this out, that would be the best thing to use.

--To change your plan normally--

When you login to self serve you should be greeted with a screen like this one.

chrome_2017-09-22_14-35-50.png

As you can see, on the left side of the screen near the top of the page there is a section that says "my plan" and a button that says "change plan". Click the change plan button to proceed. You should see the following page.

chrome_2017-09-22_14-39-48.png

To change your plan, simply select the options you wish to be included in your new plan, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select either change plan now or change on next renewal date. Changing it now requires that you currently have sufficient funds in your account to pay for the new plan. 

--If you're having issues--

1. What browser and operating system are you using? Before anything else I would recommend a simple CTRL+F5 to clear the local cache and attempt to refresh the page. 

2. You could try clearing your browser's cache manually as well as deleting the cookies, and then try signing into self serve again.

3. If that still doesn't work, could you check if you have any plugins installed such as an adblocker that may be interfering with your access to self serve? Try temporarily disabling them and accessing self serve again.

4. Try using a different browser or device to access self serve. 

It'd also be great if you could provide us with a little more information. Are you saying that none of the other things aside from the tabs at the top are loading in and that you're just looking at a blank page? How does your self serve differ from the screenshot I attached?

Edit: If you're trying to access self serve from a phone's internet browser would you mind trying it out on a desktop/laptop instead? 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

if accessing through computer doesn't work, then you probably should send the mods a message and ask them to fix the problem for you!

Private4u

Tried on two different phones. Same issue.  Internet connection is fine. Tried incognito mode. Phone and plan is still active. I can browse the PM site but it will only display the top tabs. I can go into plans but won't let me choose one. Really frustrating when there is no one to call and no help.  Using a lot of data screwing with this.   

@Private4u Are you saying you cannot reach https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ from a computer? If so, we need to help you troubleshoot your connection.

Or are you trying, perhaps, to use your phone and the cellular data connection?

Private4u

I have been dealing with this for over a month now. I renew on the phone as I could not get online to work.. but now I need online so I can switch plans. 

@Private4u Try using incognito/private browsing mode or try clearing browser's caches/cookies.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Private4u Can you not see "Change Plan" right under Account Status? Is your current plan visible? Are you past the expiry date for your old plan?

Have you tried refeshing your browser, log in in igognito mode or try a different browser?

I just checked and everything shows in my self-serve portal, maybe check back a little later?

Private4u

I can see tabs at the top of the screen but that is it. When I tap "my account" my screen doesn't change. All I see is tabs, no options.

Need Help? Let's chat.