cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get more data without paying 30$ for one gig but rediulous..

QuinnGirard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

14 REPLIES 14

IMO, you'd be better off considering upping your plan to the next data level for a month and see it that is more appropriate for you. It usually only costs you $5 or 10 and that's alot less than the 30 and a small price to pay to get data back. You can renew early, but it requires a moderator's help. Cannot be done through self serve.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chukdefatey wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chukdefatey wrote:

@QuinnGirard wrote:

Prices ?

Very Pricey but it's Full speed LTE and doesn't expire till it's all used up.   What I find ironic is it's more expensive than the US Roaming Data add one.  Just goes to show you the nerve of these Canadian Providers. 

Unfotunately, even at those prices, that does not always mean full LTE speeds at Public Mobile.  if the customer has a base plan that already has "3g" speed data, the add-on will also be at the same speed.

Are you sure about that? From what I remember from the early days. Canadian Data add ons are supposed to be Full Speed LTE. I know any bonus data offering that are offered time to time on new activation go with whatever the Plan speed is. 

Absolutely certain

Add-ons follow the speed of the base price plan.  This goes for bonus data add-ons and paid data add-ons. There's aren't any exceptions to this.

Oh wow. I stand corrected.  Since that is this case that makes it even worse and even more expensiver. 

@chukdefatey wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chukdefatey wrote:

@QuinnGirard wrote:

Prices ?

Very Pricey but it's Full speed LTE and doesn't expire till it's all used up.   What I find ironic is it's more expensive than the US Roaming Data add one.  Just goes to show you the nerve of these Canadian Providers. 

Unfotunately, even at those prices, that does not always mean full LTE speeds at Public Mobile.  if the customer has a base plan that already has "3g" speed data, the add-on will also be at the same speed.

Are you sure about that? From what I remember from the early days. Canadian Data add ons are supposed to be Full Speed LTE. I know any bonus data offering that are offered time to time on new activation go with whatever the Plan speed is. 

Absolutely certain

Add-ons follow the speed of the base price plan.  This goes for bonus data add-ons and paid data add-ons. There aren't any exceptions to this.

chukdefatey

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chukdefatey wrote:

@QuinnGirard wrote:

Prices ?

@chukdefatey wrote:

@QuinnGirard wrote:

Prices ?

chukdefatey

@QuinnGirard wrote:

Prices ?

(thread moved to Plans and Add-ons category/not rewards-related)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@QuinnGirard 

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to send a private message to moderator. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. If your next renewal date is 2 - 3 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

4.  If you are a subscriber on  August 19 or ealier, you already got your free 1GB data/

The $30/1GB Data Add-on is a good gap filler but a terrible way to sustain heavy Data habits. 

It would cost much less to upgrade your Plan to one with higher Data allocation. Or to find free WiFi. 

If changing plans right now is not advantageous to you because of where you are in your cycle remember the add on rolls over til it runs out. So it's a little insurance til you figure out which plan with data meets your needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@QuinnGirard wrote:

Prices ?

??

$30 for 1gb, $10 for 200mb.

Is that what you're wondering?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@QuinnGirard 

Change plans to a plan with more data.

QuinnGirard