cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I call the US or China based on a $25 plan?

tigerwang1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I call the US or China?

And how can I make call when I travel to the two countries by using my public mobile#?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Brumas

Great. Thanks

@Brumas wrote:

$8 a month seems expensive if I only make a call to the US maybe once every 2 months.  Isn't there a batter solution?

It probably would have been best to open your own topic however do you just want to call USA? 

If it is just calling USA you can buy the $8 add-on that gives you 200 minutes. IT IS NOT $8 a month. The 200 minutes continue to rollover until all used up.

Brumas

$8 a month seems expensive if I only make a call to the US maybe once every 2 months.  Isn't there a batter solution?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@tigerwang1 wrote:

How can I call the US or China?

And how can I make call when I travel to the two countries by using my public mobile#?

Thanks.

Wait until morning and you can get the international long distance add-on for free because of a new promo.

The 400-minutes International Long-Distance Add-on will let you call China from Canada. It won't let you call (anywhere) from outside Canada. For this you would need to subscribe to a China-based carrier when in China. (And you might also find a dual-SIM phone, or even a second phone altogether, to be more convenient/necessary.) 

And beware that PM (Telus) "International" includes China and Hong Kong, it does not include Taiwan, it probably doesn't include at least some of the "disputed" areas claimed by China. For areas it can't call you would need to purchase some sort of toll-free long distance minutes card (which PM does not sell).

You might eant to check CMlink. Maybe cheaper than subscribing to a PM SIM plus another SIM, or maybe more costly, it really depends on how often you expect to call from each country to the other. 

tigerwang1

Thank you so much!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tigerwang1 

You will need to buy a long distance add on to call USA and China from Canada.  

400 International Long Distance minutes   $15

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes   $8

There is no international roaming in China.  You will need to purchase a different SIM card.  In USA, you will need to purchase US roaming package.  

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.