cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
will13am
Oracle

Re: How are rewards calculated?


@katiatall wrote:

And your point is?


Suspicion.  How do you explain the lopsided application of bravos?  Have you heard of neighborhood watch programs.  We have one here.  You don't have to like @srlawren or myself, but shameless self promotions are detectable. 

katiatall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How are rewards calculated?

In addition to my previous complaint about you — just you saying sorry does not justify your arrogance in assuming you have the right to go against members privacy rules by posting naming and publicizing their forum names and number of posts.  I suggest that you try to control your desire to be a forum bully because after all your not even a moderator and just a person with too much idle time.

ShawnC13
Oracle

Re: How are rewards calculated?


@katiatall wrote:

I don’t keep track of the Bravos I have given


@ShawnC13 wrote:

@katiatall, it is kept a secret so there is no gaming of the system for the rewards and you have been told this before.

 You have given @ohitora 20 Bravos and they have 120 posts

You have given @yiatioxi-ok 19 Bravo's and they have 69 posts

You have given @will13am (the all-time Bravo leader) 3 Bravo's and he has 7714 posts

You have given @srlawren, 3 bravos and he has 9016 Posts

Sorry srlawren for using you in the example but it was just perfectly obvious why the formula is kept secretive

 

So I can see why they keep it a secret



but I think your examples are — well Trump like - fake news-  and is a direct attack. 


Ok how is this fake news?  I have posted screen shots and taken the numbers directly from there.  Please tell me how this is fake news?


I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

ShawnC13
Oracle

Re: How are rewards calculated?


@katiatall wrote:

In addition to my previous complaint about you — just you saying sorry does not justify your arrogance in assuming you have the right to go against members privacy rules by posting naming and publicizing their forum names and number of posts.  I suggest that you try to control your desire to be a forum bully because after all your not even a moderator and just a person with too much idle time.


Nothing that I posted is private and every member of the forum can easily see all of this.  There is no special access required to see any of what I have posted.  I am not a forum Bully, just tired of the way some people treat the community and the reward system here.


I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

katiatall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How are rewards calculated?

With respect I will point out that the Bravo examples given were selective and do not show an accurate picture.  Persons give Bravos to posts they agree with or find useful— By the negative criticism given , the cats out of the bag, because it is now clear that rewards are given based in part  as to Bravos given and received. Just perhaps given rewards based on Bravos is a flaw in the system and should be reviewed. My suggestion could be  to limit rewards given only to members that give solutions to the best of their knowledge.

ShawnC13
Oracle

Re: How are rewards calculated?


@katiatall wrote:

With respect I will point out that the Bravo examples given were selective and do not show an accurate picture.  Persons give Bravos to posts they agree with or find useful— By the negative criticism given , the cats out of the bag, because it is now clear that rewards are given based in part  as to Bravos given and received. Just perhaps given rewards based on Bravos is a flaw in the system and should be reviewed. My suggestion could be  to limit rewards given only to members that give solutions to the best of their knowledge.


It has always been stated that Bravos do play a part in the reward system.  My examples were selected from your top 10 people you have given Bravos to.  Your top 2 have a combined 189 posts and you have bravo'd them 39 times.  Number 8 and 9 in your top 10 have 16,735 posts but only 6 were helpful enough to Bravo.  I guess we need your top 2 people to participate more as they seem to help WAY more than two of the most respected and helpful posters in the community.

 

 


I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

katiatall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How are rewards calculated?

Just perhaps if members knew what positive activity would be rewarded then they would strive do just that and not make a circus of this forum.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Re: How are rewards calculated?


@katiatall wrote:

Just perhaps if members knew what positive activity would be rewarded then they would strive do just that and not make a circus of this forum.


It's quite simple.

 

1) Bravo posts that are helpful.

2) Make posts that are helpful (which will get you bravo's and solutions)

 

Thats it.

 

 

 

katiatall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How are rewards calculated?

Rewards are usually given to encourage positive activities.  Bravos are just — well  Bravos and no reason to be rewarded. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Re: How are rewards calculated?


@katiatall wrote:

Rewards are usually given to encourage positive activities.  Bravos are just — well  Bravos and no reason to be rewarded. 


It's not that difficult to look at the "top contributors" post each month, and look at active participants for the last month, use their 1%, 5%, 10%, etc and compare it with the number of bravo's and solutions and posts of those groups and come up with your own calculation.

 

You have the answer, you just need to make the formula at which they came up with the answer. It's really not hard if you pay attention and spend a little time each month.  Microsoft excel is a heck of a program.

 

But whats the friggen point in trying to get $1 or $2 or $5 more dollors. Be helpful and you will be reward. Thats it.

 

Need Help? Let's chat.