cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katiatall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How are rewards calculated?

I know that this "How are rewards calculated?" subject has been in focus before with no results ------ but why the secrecy?

Accepted Solutions
stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Re: How are rewards calculated?

I had 9 notifications this morning all from one user this morning bravo and kudos.   I have one friend referral, and he doesn't even participate in the community.

I just help out because I like to.  I'm also pretty critical of issues that have been around for 2 years. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
yiatioxi-ok

Rewards are determined using a secret formula known only to aliens

@katiatall wrote:

I know that this "How are rewards calculated?" subject has been in focus before with no results ------ but why the secrecy?

ohitora

It's classified information not be be discussed

@katiatall wrote:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@katiatall wrote:

@katiatall I'm assuming you're referring the community reward?  I believe that the explaination we have received in the past is to not encourage/enable people to game the system.  In other words, if you knew the weighting formula favoured a certain type of activity, you might try to do mostly that, and a lot of it, in order to try to artificially inflate your relative ranking and thus your reward payout.  I think the thought is that keeping the criteria unknown encourages us all to just be helpful and see what happens.  Basically.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Shapla001

@srlawren wrote:

@katiatall wrote:

@katiatall I'm assuming you're referring the community reward?  I believe that the explaination we have received in the past is to not encourage/enable people to game the system.  In other words, if you knew the weighting formula favoured a certain type of activity, you might try to do mostly that, and a lot of it, in order to try to artificially inflate your relative ranking and thus your reward payout.  I think the thought is that keeping the criteria unknown encourages us all to just be helpful and see what happens.  Basically.

Totally agreed. If the formula is known, only heavy weitage items will have participation. This in a way hampers the growth in the community

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Read, help, bravo the good stuff, and in general participate.  Do it a little, do it a lot.

Just help everyone make it enjoyable.

ShawnC13
Oracle

@katiatall wrote:

Hmmm I wonder why all the secrecy around how rewards are awarded.  Are we going to go through this again?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/BRAVO-all-positive-and-helpful-Posts/m-p/2473...

ETA I forgot this thread https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-does-one-customize-their-avatar/t...

From your friend Ohitora

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bravo-Abuse/m-p/247322#M72316

These are Bravos received

received Katiatall.PNG

I bet if we were to go through the top three in the picture above it would look very similar to this.

Now the Bravos you have given and for someone that says they Bravo everyone or was that Ohitaro can't remember I get your accounts mixed up it doesn't seem that you do.

Given Katiatall.PNG 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

ShawnC13
Oracle

@katiatall, it is kept a secret so there is no gaming of the system for the rewards and you have been told this before.

You have given @ohitora 20 Bravos and they have 120 posts

You have given @yiatioxi-ok 19 Bravo's and they have 69 posts

You have given @will13am (the all-time Bravo leader) 3 Bravo's and he has 7714 posts

You have given @srlawren, 3 bravos and he has 9016 Posts

Sorry srlawren for using you in the example but it was just perfectly obvious why the formula is kept secretive

So I can see why they keep it a secret

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I had 9 notifications this morning all from one user this morning bravo and kudos.   I have one friend referral, and he doesn't even participate in the community.

I just help out because I like to.  I'm also pretty critical of issues that have been around for 2 years. 

View solution in original post

katiatall

I don’t keep track of the Bravos I have given

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@katiatall, it is kept a secret so there is no gaming of the system for the rewards and you have been told this before.

You have given @ohitora 20 Bravos and they have 120 posts

You have given @yiatioxi-ok 19 Bravo's and they have 69 posts

You have given @will13am (the all-time Bravo leader) 3 Bravo's and he has 7714 posts

You have given @srlawren, 3 bravos and he has 9016 Posts

Sorry srlawren for using you in the example but it was just perfectly obvious why the formula is kept secretive

So I can see why they keep it a secret

but I think your examples are — well Trump like - fake news-  and is a direct attack. 

Need Help? Let's chat.