cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Distance Call Works?

nice1234guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in Vancouver BC.  I paid $8 for Long Distance add-on on January.  I have not use it once.  Last week, I traveled to Toronto, and tried to make phone call, but I was unable to do so.  I come back now and try to make calls to Toronto, and I can't either.  It says "I don't have an active long distance add-on".  Why?  What add-on should I get to make long distance calls?  Please help.

27 REPLIES 27

@nice1234guy
Let's do it again
If you think you missed the 2nd step then first login and check your self serve main page and have a look at how much available credit u have in available funds if you do see 8 dollars extra sitting in there then goto add on section and buy add on again from available fund and
Do update us here if that works for you thanks
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

nice1234guy

I have not yet send message to mod.  I guess I did not do the 2nd step for the long distance.  $8 is not too much money any way.  May I just try one more time, and see what happen.

Did you send a private msg to mod dept ?
Since you mentioned you only received 1 calls while in out of b.c best option send s msg to mod check your first reply if you haven't send one and if you already send Pm to mod then wait for reply from mod they will look after you
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

nice1234guy

Just one call less than 1 min to test.  I can receive call from my home province while I am away, but can't make any out going long distance call.

@stonechucker
Exactly that's what I thought too since user mentioned about getting calls from b.c while in Toronto that's probably the root cause of losing 200 mins

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NDesai wrote:
@ute1978 Still no update on your case eh? Hopefully mod or OP keeps us updated on this.

Nope, and I am not going to push it because it is a glitch in my favour. All my incoming calls are free. No matter where I am in Canada.

@ute1978 Still no update on your case eh? Hopefully mod or OP keeps us updated on this.

@nice1234guy, as @Samianauman has mentioned, when you were in Toronto, if you received any phone calls from out of province (ie from your home province) you would have used any available Long Distance minutes, as they are required to receive calls on a province wide plan, when you are not in your home province.  If you were making calls while in Toronto to other Ontario numbers, they would be considered province wide calls (free), and any calls you made back to BC would have been long distance, as you were physically not in BC, nor connected to a BC tower.

As for being in BC, and attempting to make a Toronto call, this would be as you expect Long Distance, and will not connect without the available Long Distanc addon(s).

It sounds like to me, you had the 200 minutes available, and may have used them calling back and forth to BC while in Toronto.

@ute1978

I know looks like lots of users having issues when They buy add on and lots of new user doesn't know the 2 step process either that's would be awesome if they can fix that issue once you select add on then make a payment for that specific add on then should be done at that point without going back and buy from available fund

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nice1234guy wrote:

Thank you.  I will contact the Community Moderators

Could you please, please keep us updated on this?

The "long-distance add on"-problem is a mystery not yet solved.

IMG_0031.PNG

Are you talking about this chat 

when you were in Toronto did you received lots of calls from Vancouver 

i think incoming from Vancouver burned your 200 mins 

other thing you can check login to your account click on add on right beside chat you will see available fund see if you notice different amount then ur expectations 

also check your payment history and addon usage section if you feel something missing then as I mention send a msg which you said u already have done it wait for reply and ask mod anything you don't feel satisfy about we have a great team they will look after you 

nice1234guy

This chart is not completely right.  First of all, I am not sure it will include the US.  Second, when I was in Toronto, I can still receive phone calls from Vancouver even I don't have the long distance add-on.

nice1234guy

Thank you.  I will contact the Community Moderators

I know what u mean u paid 8 dollars but if you go public mobile site and login do you see 8 dollars sitting in your available funds or no

If you do see in there then simply go to addon and add long distance from available fund then
ONLY IF YOU DONT SEE IN YOUR AVAILABLE FUNDS
then
Contact mod by private msg
In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

nice1234guy

I pay $8 by using my credit card.  I have record to show it.  So now, who should I report this issue to?

They have to simplify the process or add a whole procedure in add on page this way there will be no issues specially its hard for ppls who do 1st step then leave for vacation or personal trips when they buy USA roaming once in USA they have to faces problem with no add on n no service

@kav2001c wrote:

Could be a bug

I know a friend who claimed to me they purchased a long distance add on as well yet when I looked at his account it simply showed a $15 balance in account

That's normal. I don't know if it was one step before, but for a while now, its been two steps process. 

Could be a bug

I know a friend who claimed to me they purchased a long distance add on as well yet when I looked at his account it simply showed a $15 balance in account

As a said you haven't purchased you have to go to addon page buy again from your available funds

Do you see extra money sitting in your available fund in main page self serve ?

If yes that means money transferred from your credit card to Pm account now you can purchase long distance add on

@nice1234guy wrote:

On the Add-on page, it only show the Data Usage, but no Long Distance.  I did pay the $8 for it.  What should I do now?

Seems like you did not complete the process by purchasing the add-on again. First time it adds the funds to your available balance. If that $8 is sitting on Available Funds, purchase the add-on again. If that $8 is not there, you will have to private message one of the mod and they will help you.

nice1234guy

On the Add-on page, it only show the Data Usage, but no Long Distance.  I did pay the $8 for it.  What should I do now?

No check if you have a long distance add on
Also go on payment history to check did you ever bought a long distance add on

As I mention before buying add on it's a 2 step process first when you click on addon to purchase let say 8 dollar addon then 8 dollars add your your available public mobile funds then once you see 8 dollars available in your main page for self serve then u gov back to add on and add again from your available funds

nice1234guy

Yes, my phone is active.  I am using my phone now, and my plan is active.

No it's roll over unused minutes to next cycle
They don't expire until you used them all

nice1234guy

Is there a lime limit for the Long Distance add-on?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Do you have Talk on your plan and is your plan active? If yes, do you see that 200min add-on under add-on on self-serve overview page?

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
It's a 2 step process check on main page online does it showing extra money in your available fund if yes that's mean addon not activated first funds goes to your available funds then you add addon again

Here's a link which will explain all your questions about Canada wide province wide and long distance here's the link
Here is the link
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dist...
Need Help? Let's chat.