cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Number ported to PM

pcouturier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone ported their home phone number to PM.

I know it should take around 2 business days, but in reality, how much time does it took you?

6 REPLIES 6

@dnewlan wrote:

just to clarify this subject (moving a land line) I would like to purchase a new/used cell phone and move the land line number to my new cell. Is this possible and what is involved?

Yes it is. When you start your new PM account, I'd suggest you select a new number temporarily. Once it's up and running and you're happy with the service, then take steps to port your landline over. That porting process could take a couple of days.

Go to top of this page to Get Started and Get Help for guidance.

Make sure your used phone is unlocked and not reported as stolen.

Welcome aboard.

dnewlan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

just to clarify this subject (moving a land line) I would like to purchase a new/used cell phone and move the land line number to my new cell. Is this possible and what is involved?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@pcouturier I have not ported a home number, but i heard it could take upto 7 business days. I believe @srlawren ported his home number. He can chime in for more details. 

@NDesai thanks for the tag, but no I have not personally done that.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sometimes, people say "land line/home phone" but it's really voice over IP (VoIP) service, which uses internet bandwidth to transmit and receive web traffic. IIRC, VoIP numbers typically take the longest to port into say a cell plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pcouturier, I have ported a traditional land line to a cellular service long time ago.  The process did take exactly 48 hours.  The reason why it took so long was Bell held back the port so their agent can have time to contact me to do last minute sales pitch.  When I decline, the port completed very shortly thereafter.  It could be coincidence that the sales call came around the 48th hours.  Howevever, the conspiracy theorist side of me thinks not.  Anyway to be on the safe side, assume 48 hours.  That said, the old service will continue to function right up to porting completion.  When signing up with Public Mobile, choose a new number first to complete the activation.  Then select number transfer after account set up.  This will minimize service disruptions with the old phone number. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@pcouturier I have not ported a home number, but i heard it could take upto 7 business days. I believe @srlawren ported his home number. He can chime in for more details. 

Need Help? Let's chat.