cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday promo, free US talk/text, I got charged for it

Lizonfld
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Before my US trip last month, I signed up for the 10 day US roaming 500mb plan.  At the same time there was free talk and free text offered as a holiday promo.  On my account I was charged $15 but I thought it was a free offer.  Now, when trying to contact a moderator via the 'question mark,' it says that service isn't available.  Not sure how to find out why I was charged $15.  Did I misunderstand the offer?

11 REPLIES 11

@Lizonfld wrote:

There was an additional promo for within the US.  I read the offer correctly on the site, but I apprently clicked incorrectly.  Thanks for trying to help.

There was no promo offer for US roaming.  It was for 400 minutes of Canada US talk but that is for use while in Canada.

@darlicious  I think the OP did get the plan they wanted as they were in the US just that they thought it was one of the free holiday gifts from PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous  I do believe the OP got the US data roaming add on and thought the free holiday international minutes add on would work in the US? But bought the US calling/texting by mistake intending to add the free holiday ones at the same time....?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lizonfld wrote:

Thanks for all the help.  The payment history says 'US roaming talk/text 10 days.'  SO I guess I didn't click the free option.  I sure thought it said $0 but this whole thing is new to me and I didn't find it particularly user friendly when doing the add-on.

I did also get the US roaming and expected to pay $15 so that charge didn't surprise me.

Thanks again.

Did you pay for two us roaming add-ons? Or does your other payment still show in your Available Funds? Because I'm not sure you can have concurrent same-name roaming add-ons.

@Lizonfld  Did you use the talk and text roaming add on? If you did not use it at all and it was an honest mistake thinking you were loading the free holiday add on you could ask for a credit and the moderator may choose to credit you. Seeing as you missed out on the free holiday gifts...and they cannot be given to you now. If you wish to ask......

Contact the moderators  by clicking on the (?)at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Type in human or rep,  account specific question, no human, and follow the prompts to the best of your ability until you can submit your service ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators thru your private message box. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times.

@Lizonfld wrote:

There was an additional promo for use within the US but I apparently didn't choose correctly and got charged.  Thanks for your reply.

There was no promo offers recently for USA roaming. You can go through .the announcements section to see previous expired offers. Link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/bd-p/Announcements

Lizonfld

There was an additional promo for within the US.  I read the offer correctly on the site, but I apprently clicked incorrectly.  Thanks for trying to help.

Lizonfld

There was an additional promo for use within the US but I apparently didn't choose correctly and got charged.  Thanks for your reply.

Lizonfld

Thanks for all the help.  The payment history says 'US roaming talk/text 10 days.'  SO I guess I didn't click the free option.  I sure thought it said $0 but this whole thing is new to me and I didn't find it particularly user friendly when doing the add-on.

I did also get the US roaming and expected to pay $15 so that charge didn't surprise me.

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lizonfld wrote:

Before my US trip last month, I signed up for the 10 day US roaming 500mb plan.  At the same time there was free talk and free text offered as a holiday promo.  On my account I was charged $15 but I thought it was a free offer.  Now, when trying to contact a moderator via the 'question mark,' it says that service isn't available.  Not sure how to find out why I was charged $15.  Did I misunderstand the offer?

You did. The free stuff was 400 minutes calling and 1gb of data both for use in Canada.

Sounds like all is as it should be for you.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

I don't recall free add-on offers.

Yes there was a free holiday promo. 1gb of data and 400 international minutes. Both to use while in Canada.

The add-on plans for USA. There is one for $15 which gives you text and calling while in USA. 

There is another one for $20 that gives text,call and 250of data.

Please log into your self serve account and underneath "Make a payment" click "View payment history"....view last 90 days...it will tell you what the charges is for. You can also post it here IMPORTANT make sure you block any personal information on the screenshot and we will take a look for you.

The question mark works for me.. please clear your history and cookies and try again. But again we can help you first before contacting a moderator.

Moderators can also be reached via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The holiday promo was free, but you had to select the $0 option at the time when adding it (the $15 option still existed, you just had to avoid picking it). You might've picked the $15 option instead of the $0 option.

Please log into your self-serve account and let us know what you see under "My Data & Add-Ons." 

You'll see one of the following:

• $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
  • 400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

If you see the first, then it's PM's error that they charged you $15. If you see the latter, it's your error for choosing the $15 option instead of the holiday promo. Either way, best to submit a ticket. If the service isn't available, wait a couple hours and try again.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I just re-read your original post, and it sounds like you expected the US roaming add-on to be free? It wasn't. If you're talking about the $15 for 500MB of US roaming, that wasn't part of the holiday promo. The holiday promo was for long distance while you're in Canada, and data while you're in Canada. Nothing for US roaming. So no need to contact a Mod, you were charged correctly.

Need Help? Let's chat.