cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday giveaway adds-on

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just got the holiday giveaway adds-on (1GB free data and 400 min international call) in my account.
1. Will these adds-on be automatically activate after I finish using my plan data and talk minutes within 30 days? I have the $25 plan.

2. if I answer calls from US, will that be counted as my 100 min canadawide talk or as international call? 

28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bhavpate4 wrote:

lol. I did not see date. 

I just activated my holiday plan and this year and started using. you can see balance left.. it will roll back. 

last year there was Data promo they gave and it worked exact same way.

Thanks anyway.

@bhavpate4 

Add-ons around here are only consumed when plan features are finished. You run out of plan data, you have a data add-on, it will flip over to using the add-on. Then your renewal happens and it flips back to using the renewed plan data.

Same with minutes. Use up all the 100 minutes and it will flip over to using the calling add-ons. Then your plan renews and it flips back to using plan minutes.

Are you saying you have experienced something different?

bhavpate4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

lol. I did not see date. 

I just activated my holiday plan and this year and started using. you can see balance left.. it will roll back. 

last year there was Data promo they gave and it worked exact same way.

Thanks anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bhavpate4 wrote:

it should be in place until you use all your international minute and data. then it will roll back to old plan

@bhavpate4 

Well...this was last years thread but much the same thing. Are you saying that as a suggestion or that that's how it works?

If you're saying that's how it works then no it doesn't.

If you're offering a suggestion then ...interesting idea.

bhavpate4

it should be in place until you use all your international minute and data. then it will roll back to old plan

Yes as @Anonymous  says, you didn't need a phone at all to register a new PM account. Just activate your SIM card online and once the phone issue was settled, plug in the SIM card.  Too bad.....

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@conwood wrote:

Thanks for the reply. The new phone that was given to me for Christmas did not work and so I was unable to register my phone with Public. I had to actually take the phone back and buy a new one today. So disappointing. 

Oh man that sucks. You don't actually need the phone to complete an activation online.

Do you remember what exact make/model/submodel it was for curiosity?

conwood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply. The new phone that was given to me for Christmas did not work and so I was unable to register my phone with Public. I had to actually take the phone back and buy a new one today. So disappointing. 

@conwood wrote:

I just signed up for the $15.00 plan however the free 1gb of data is not available for me to choose. How do I go about getting this holiday give away?

Thank you!

CW

Unfortunately you missed the free holidays gifts. They ended 11:59pm EST on December 25th

conwood

I just signed up for the $15.00 plan however the free 1gb of data is not available for me to choose. How do I go about getting this holiday give away?

Thank you!

CW

Williamvjones12

In Adonis it shows in the column as 0$ Cost.  Choose it and save.  

Williamvjones12

Others have said, they expire once used, so you keep minutes until you have used all 400 as well as the excess data after you have used all of yours it gets reduced, eventually to nil..  it rolls over each billing period until used.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tammy3 wrote:

So I followed your instructions for the Holiday Giveaway and I see that I have the promo 1gb data, but I don't see the Intl talk, I think I'm doing something wrong how do I activate the Intl Talk?  

@Tammy3  The international LD minutes add-on is available under the first column on the left and the first option under 'Talk'.

Sby

Hey!

If I'm not mistaken, you have to have a current plan that has talking minutes. If you do, then it should be in the left hand side of your add on page.  Where you saw the data $0 option, it is in the column next to it.  

Tammy3

So I followed your instructions for the Holiday Giveaway and I see that I have the promo 1gb data, but I don't see the Intl talk, I think I'm doing something wrong how do I activate the Intl Talk?  

crystaldahlgren

@mikeyH wrote:

This is a montly free bonus.  I don't think they expire.

Unfortunately they do expire....but it's a nice Christmas gift while they last! 😏😏

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikeyH wrote:

Yeah, I guess it was confusing the way I said it.  1GB of bonus data will be applied to all rate plans of $35/mo or higher each month as long as it remains in good standing.  So for example your 1.5 GB data will now be 2.5.  Pretty awesome deal.

Ah. But that's a different promo than what this thread is about. You're right with that promo.

mikeyH

Yeah, I guess it was confusing the way I said it.  1GB of bonus data will be applied to all rate plans of $35/mo or higher each month as long as it remains in good standing.  So for example your 1.5 GB data will now be 2.5.  Pretty awesome deal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikeyH wrote:

Incorrect on monthly. They're a one-time add-on. Then you're right.

mikeyH

LilyW

@Wizzy wrote:

Does anyone know if these addons are a one time thing? Will they expire after 1 month or will they renew with every monthly renewal of the plan? TIA

The add-ones are a one thing thing.  They stay in your account until you start using them.  They are gone once you finish using them  and don’t renew themselves.  

acantkier

Thanks for the help

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Wizzy wrote:

Does anyone know if these addons are a one time thing? Will they expire after 1 month or will they renew with every monthly renewal of the plan? TIA

The free data and mins add-ons (just like the other domestic add-ons), will roll over every month until depleted.  You get to use the add-on data when you've used up your allotted plan data and any remainder will stay until the next time you need it.  The international LD mins allows you to call to those countries on the LD list.  Just remember minutes are always rounded up so a call lasting one min and 10 seconds will use up 2 minutes.

Edit: yep as noted by @hairbag1  a one time add-on!

@Wizzy wrote:

They are one time add-ons. As soon as you use up the 1GB of data, it's gone...even if it takes several months to do so. Same with the 400 minutes of International calling. They'll stay with you until you've used up 400 minutes...even if takes 2 years.

Wizzy

Moment

HoHoHo! Public Mobile holiday giveaway add ons: Free 1G data and 400 international talk. All you have to do is log on to your PM account and go to purchase add ons you will see the holiday add ons giveaways, select the the two free add ons and purchase them with $0 charges. Go back to overview you will see the two Free add ons show up on the list of Plan.

@cat2019 wrote:

Just got the holiday giveaway adds-on (1GB free data and 400 min international call) in my account.
1. Will these adds-on be automatically activate after I finish using my plan data and talk minutes within 30 days? I have the $25 plan.

2. if I answer calls from US, will that be counted as my 100 min canadawide talk or as international call? 

Enjoy and keep the conversations going!

Zeeurbs

Never mind I misread the response. Thank you!

Zeeurbs

Okay so the add-ons will expire once your monthly plan is over. If I were to wait and use the free add-ons on my plan renewal date as it is before December 25th, would they the entirety of that month I paid for? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@cat2019 wrote:

1. Will these adds-on be automatically activate after I finish using my plan data and talk minutes within 30 days? I have the $25 plan...yes

2. if I answer calls from US, will that be counted as my 100 min canadawide talk or as international call? ...answering a call from anywhere at anytime, is free. The $25 plan has unlimited Canada wide calling as long as you're in Canada.

How do I get my free 1GB of data and international calling?

To add these add-ons to your account:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 1GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.
Need Help? Let's chat.