cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday bonus 400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

F77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I got the holiday bonus free  400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) but I try to call to the US i get a recorded msg saying call is not allowed. Do I need to change a setting  my phone. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks. 

13 REPLIES 13

vickiwei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous  @F77  Please note using the lost/stolen feature will disable your rewards from being applied upon renewal.

@darlicious- Are you sure you would lose rewards because you lost your phone?  That doesn't seem reasonable.  I read somewhere that if your phone was inactive for more than 60 days, your loyalty reward could be delayed by the number of days that your phone was inactive.  Is there some sort of official statement to that effect?

EDIT:  Just saw the other thread regarding this issue.  Will follow along there...

@Anonymous wrote:

@F77  - As long as you have calling as part of your plan (yes, it used to be possible to have a plan without calling), it should work.  Have you re-booted your phone since getting the add-on?  You caould also try the lost/found phone trick.  It would reset the plan features on your account.  Log into self serve, report phone lost.  Wait a few minutes, then report it found.  Reboot.  Also, there are a few area codes that are not included.  Don't know them off the top of my head...  Also, do you have the 1(+1) in front of number?

@Anonymous  @F77  Please note using the lost/stolen feature will disable your rewards from being applied upon renewal.

@vickiwei While on a provincial only plan, I used the app/service from CiCi mobile. Once set up you could just dial directly without entering a PIN or calling an 800#. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@vickiwei wrote:

Oh well, thanks for the reply anyway. I guess I need to purchase an add on to call Australia. Have a Merry Christmas.

Unfortunately there is no add-ons to call Australia. You might what to look in Corner stores in your area that sell calling cards for a few dollars.

Or online apps like WhatsApp.

vickiwei

Oh well, thanks for the reply anyway. I guess I need to purchase an add on to call Australia. Have a Merry Christmas.

@vickiwei 

It's not unfortunately.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

vickiwei

Merry Christmas!

Just wondering Australia is included as I got a notification when I tried to call my sister in Sydney and it said that it is not included in my current plan?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If it's one of those area codes or if you're in the USA..you can download textnow. You'll get a free Canadian number in your area and you can call/text for free in Canada/USA. People can also call/ text on that number as well. 

All you need is to be connected to wifi. It even has voicemail incase you're not connected to internet.

U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@F77 wrote:

Hi 

I got the holiday bonus free  400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) but I try to call to the US i get a recorded msg saying call is not allowed. Do I need to change a setting  my phone. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks. 

There is a small list of area codes in the US that PM can't call as they have no agreement with the local provider.  I will see if I can find the list and see if that is the issue here

ETA:  Found what I was looking for   Talk option required. Calls made to numbers starting with the following six-digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881.  @F77  are any of these combinations matching where you were calling?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@F77  - As long as you have calling as part of your plan (yes, it used to be possible to have a plan without calling), it should work.  Have you re-booted your phone since getting the add-on?  You caould also try the lost/found phone trick.  It would reset the plan features on your account.  Log into self serve, report phone lost.  Wait a few minutes, then report it found.  Reboot.  Also, there are a few area codes that are not included.  Don't know them off the top of my head...  Also, do you have the 1(+1) in front of number?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Are you calling from Canada?? You have to be in Canada to use it.

Ensure you out a 1 infront of number.

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Need Help? Let's chat.