cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday 2021 Gifts are here!

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like gifts have arrived for us all!  @darlicious 

Amazing $30 referral bonus, 2GB free data and 500 minutes for all existing and new subscribers Dec 1 to Dec 31!

Seems like simple activation too....just have to answer YES to text received from PM.

Kristowhy_0-1638335287206.png

Kristowhy_1-1638335340244.png

Kristowhy_0-1638336274074.png

59 REPLIES 59

Kristowhy

@darlicious wrote:

@Kristowhy 

Nice one....while I was busily recording stats at month end! I knew wishful Wednesday would happen! Omg.... how am I going to figure the referrals that can't text?!!

I was wondering if you were going to show up to the late night party last night @darlicious! 😀

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Good News! 🙂

But, Oh man, the anticipation.....where is the TEXT? Post that announcement then leave customers checking their phones.

Of course I am happy to see PM giving these to existing customers, no doubt! 😁

But, I must say, I did like the option xmas 2020 where you just add the freebees to your Self Serve account yourself. Especially for other accounts managed.

🎄🎁

@Aheavenfire 

Wait for the text from pm. Reply YES.

Aheavenfire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do you receive the promotion

@AE_Collector 

Yes the $30 referral is picking up on the competitions referral bonuses that are spread out over 3 or 6 months requiring you to have an active account to recieve them. I asked for a bonus referral credit this year.... should have been more specific!😃

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech wrote:

@AE_Collector my initial feeling was $5 available fund + $1 friend referral  for the 6 months..  Usually those target text for extra bonus friend referrals are EXTRA, on top of the $1

that seems like the most logical conclusion.

@AE_Collector my initial feeling was $5 available fund + $1 friend referral  for the 6 months..  Usually those target text for extra bonus friend referrals are EXTRA, on top of the $1

@darlicious 

I would bet that would work as long as text comes FROM your number. But don’t bet the farm err holiday reward on it.

As always, there are some questions… one referral per person? What person, new customer or existing referring customer?

And is it $5 plus the usual $1 or instead of $1?

And what happens after the six months of $5 bonus funds for the referral is over? Back to regular $1 a month or… that’s it? Don’t like the precedent this would be setting.

AE_Collector

@CountyDownIeUk 

When you remove the sim card and put it in the phone do you then get the texts? Can we just text YES to the short code number....like 5129? That it is sent from?

@Kristowhy 

Nice one....while I was busily recording stats at month end! I knew wishful Wednesday would happen! Omg.... how am I going to figure the referrals that can't text?!!

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Kristowhy 

Thanks for the update. 

Can any one please PM me if you get a text please. I am in the lower mainland of BC. I
 have  ZTE box that does not receive texts so will have to move SIM out to a phone to answer. 

Thanks 

@Nezgar 

If PM follow the same SMS policy as Telus:

The TELUS network will store and attempt to deliver the text messages to the phone for up to 5 days. If the messages are not delivered after 5 days they will be permanently deleted from the network.

So, all you need to do is to put the SIM in a phone every 4 days to check it

But in your case, your ZTE box actually online with the PM SIM, so I wonder if PM actually able to send the text to the ZTE box and just that the box cannot display the text. 🤔

@Kristowhy 

Thanks for the update. 

Can any one please PM me if you get a text please. I am in the lower mainland of BC. I
 have  ZTE box that does not receive texts so will have to move SIM out to a phone to answer. 

Thanks 

@Nezgar 

@Kristowhy wrote:

Given that the $30 refer a friend bonus is only "Limited to one credit per customer", I assume that all other referrals will still get added on at the $1/month rate?    🤞 for no glitches 😁

The system should be able to handle it, I hope.. PM occasionally sent this kind of promotion to select customers, just this time they extend to everyone

(except the old one used to be a one time payment, this one is $5 per cycle for 6 cycles) 

Kristowhy

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess we'll get complaint's from people who have chosen to somehow block texts from PM. Or ignore these things. Or mis-interpret the gifts as spam or something. Ya snooze ya lose.

Well, as an existing customer if you haven't received a text by Dec 15 then time to submit a ticket.

New subscribers apparently get the add-ons automatically a week after activation...per the terms and conditions.

Kristowhy_0-1638337804788.png

Kristowhy

Given that the $30 refer a friend bonus is only "Limited to one credit per customer", I assume that all other referrals will still get added on at the $1/month rate?    🤞 for no glitches 😁

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess we'll get complaint's from people who have chosen to somehow block texts from PM. Or ignore these things. Or mis-interpret the gifts as spam or something. Ya snooze ya lose.

We told them not to block it. .🤣

and let see if this text will come at midnight as well.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kristowhy

@computergeek541 wrote:

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Do customers need to reply with "YES" or "YES2"?

where did it say YES2?

(or  i will reply both YES  and YES2 to make sure i got the gift.. Afterall, it's UNLIMITED text.. LoL)

The information in the screenshot doesn't match the information that I have.

These were just taken from the main public PM website.

@Anonymous  yes, look like your assumption was right.. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

where did it say YES2?

(or  i will reply both YES  and YES2 to make sure i got the gift.. Afterall, it's UNLIMITED text.. LoL)

yes, I was to ask if you, as Oracle,  have other source for this "promo"..

so, you got this a bit before us?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a rather peculiar question to ask. I might have to assume that computergeek541 has some inside Oracle information and is pointing out an inconsistency of sorts to Jade. ???

Edit: what'd I say. 🙂 I typed this post after XionBunny's image reply.

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

where did it say YES2?

XionBunny

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

where did it say Yes2?

that's why i posted the image in reply 😛

@computergeek541 wrote:

where did it say YES2?

XionBunny

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Kristowhy wrote:

Amazing $30 referral bonus, 2GB free data and 500 minutes for all existing and new subscribers Dec 1 to Dec 31!

Seems like simple activation too....just have to answer YES to text received from PM.

@J_PM 

Screenshot 2021-12-01 002759.png

XionBunny

Yay!! this is what I was hoping for, merry Christmas indeed 🎅

Kristowhy

@softech wrote:

@Kristowhy  You are the first one to find out!!!

Merry Christmas!!

Some magical force told me to check into Public Mobile and I ran into Santa Claus 🎅 and he left us some amazing gifts! 🎁

Merry Christmas! 😄

PS:  Let's hope the text messages arrive before Dec 25!

Update: Terms seem to indicate existing customers will receive the text from Dec 1 to Dec 15.

@Kristowhy wrote:

@J_PM 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kristowhy  You are the first one to find out!!!

Merry Christmas!!

Need Help? Let's chat.