cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: High-priced Data Addons

@kav2001c alright, I'm going to "agree to disagree" with you on this one and walk away.  I'm no longer interested in trying to convince you, and you're not making any progress convincing me.  Happy Friday to you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@kav2001c wrote:

@srlawren 

But again common sense here

Public sells 1GB for $30 as a booster

Koodo sells 2GB for $30 as a booster

Shock free data cuts off all overages

So explain to me like I am a child how (and why) ANYONE would ever come close to paying "$100 per GB" instead of either A) buying an add on or B) jumping on the first wifi point they find or C) changing their plan*

It's disengenius at best and as I said above we all know people throw (stupid) numbers out like that for pure shock value

*anyone willing to fork out $100 per month would never be on a 1GB/2GB plan anyways

Does the Koodo booster work different from the Public Mobile one?  Is the Koodo booster set to expire by date, month, all usage?  I've never used Koodo, prepaid, nor have I bought an add-on for data (or anything thing else) here.

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker

Koodo prepay booster has no expiry date

*edit opps tag wrong person

@stonechucker wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

@srlawren 

But again common sense here

Public sells 1GB for $30 as a booster

Koodo sells 2GB for $30 as a booster

Shock free data cuts off all overages

So explain to me like I am a child how (and why) ANYONE would ever come close to paying "$100 per GB" instead of either A) buying an add on or B) jumping on the first wifi point they find or C) changing their plan*

It's disengenius at best and as I said above we all know people throw (stupid) numbers out like that for pure shock value

*anyone willing to fork out $100 per month would never be on a 1GB/2GB plan anyways

Does the Koodo booster work different from the Public Mobile one?  Is the Koodo booster set to expire by date, month, all usage?  I've never used Koodo, prepaid, nor have I bought an add-on for data (or anything thing else) here.

@kav2001c, well either way, Koodo and PM at $0.15 and $0.30/100mb are still much better than the other guys!

I don't know what free-WiFi is like around you, but there are aren't a lot of them in my area.  It's not something I'd be able to use in a pinch if I need to get some *important* done quickly.  If I run out of data before my expiry date, I'd at least think about the time frame remaining, before deciding between plan reactivation or purchasing an addon for more data.

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker 

Where I live WiFi is great *IF* you have Cogeco cable

If cord cutting (like me) alot fewer options (coffee shops / gas stations etc)

It just drives me crazy when you see $10/100MB in overages people start rounding up to $100/1GB

Unless the person is independantly wealthy or insane noone will EVER pay those kind of rates

It would be cheaper to own 2 cell phones lol