cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

High-priced Data Addons

Hi

1 GB data = $30 ?

Isn't this price a bit high in comparison with other operators?

I want to ask Public Mobile moderators to reconsider data addon price.

I am really satisfied with Public Mobile and add-on prices are the only problem which I had during the time I have this sim card.

Thanks

Tags (3)
Mayor / Maire

High-priced Data Addons

@Ramin_1 wrote:

Hi

1 GB data = $30 ?

I am really satisfied with Public Mobile and add-on prices are the only problem which I had during the time I have this sim card.

Thanks

@Ramin_1

I will always vote yes for improvement and lower prices, but actually, the data add-ons are very cheap compared to some most. I came here from koodo, they were charging $10 per 100mb.  $100 per gb.

You can get the data you need in your plan, plan ahead. Add-on data is also very very valuable because it lasts forever and should only be used to get you by when out of the ordinary happens.

EDIT- Extra data

Koodo $100 per 1gb

Bell $102.40 per 1gb

Rogers $100 per 1gb

Telus $100 per 1gb

Fido $70 per 1gb

Public Mobile $30 per 1gb

Mayor / Maire

Re: High-priced Data Addons

That's Ok if you considered that's too much money @Ramin_1 you are not obligate to buy it..it's a choice here...it's an add-on..Smiley Wink

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The prices are equal to or below most other providers, but PM doesn't have as many options, just 200 MB or 1GB addon. And any addon data you purchase will stay on your account until it is used, it's not reset every month.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Ramin_1 wrote:

Hi

1 GB data = $30 ?

Thanks

-  If you need data, it is cheaper to get the $30 plan with unlimited Canda minutes + unlimited texts/MMS + 1GB with autopay enabled.

-  Data add-on is for occasional overage. 

-  PM add-on does not expired and any unused data will be carry over to next 30 days cycle.

Oracle

Agreed with @popping I have switched a couple people from 25$ talk and text plus 1gb addon to  the 30$,talk text data plan. 

You can send a message to the moderators if you wish to restart your plan early.  To do this, top your full plan cost, before messaging them.

Oracle

Blame it on lack of competition.  Data add-ons and overage are generally way over priced, but what are you gonna do?  Moving to another country to avoid the high costs is also not cost effective.  Kidding aside, I am starting to see some change afoot.  It was not that long ago most plans came with 1GB of data or less.  These days 1GB is considered a minimalist plan.  As time marches on, we should hopefully see data add-ons and overages being a thing of the past.  I still recall the days of limited home internet usage plans, but barely.  Bhell tried to convince the CRTC that it cost $1 to deliver 1GB of data to a home.  What a joke.  That is now in the rear view mirror.  In the mean time, shop around for the best available options.  Since this service does not have a customer retention department, what you see is what you get.  For the most part, what we is not that bad. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Kinda sucks bot much for options

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

@Ramin_1 wrote:

Hi

1 GB data = $30 ?

Thanks

-  If you need data, it is cheaper to get the $30 plan with unlimited Canda minutes + unlimited texts/MMS + 1GB with autopay enabled.

-  Data add-on is for occasional overage. 

-  PM add-on does not expired and any unused data will be carry over to next 30 days cycle.

Great suggestion, just wanted to add there may or may not be a promo to add half a gig for free via using auto-pay.