cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again.

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello. Has public mobile done anything with the USA roaming add on yet. I needed to purchase roaming data on the 25 of May while in the USA  and used very little of it. I’m returning to the USA on the 2nd of June my plan renews on the 1st. When this happens it stops using the add on purchase and goes back to my regular plan and I end up not be able to use the remaining  roaming add on which is extremely unfair. Does anyone know if they changed this. 
sorry for being long winded 

cheers

don 

25 REPLIES 25

@Anonymous 

Well I can see how that works...I just thought it was unusual to take expiring roaming add on data and put it on roaming plan data but in the end data is just data and once added to either plan data or an add on its only an expiration date ( or lack there of) that makes it different from one another.

Thanks to yourself and @mellondon  I now have confirmation what the moderators can do when it comes to replacing data....and what can be asked for when seeking redress.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Just to further corroborate this...a couple years ago I had bought the 200mb add-on. Didn't use it all. Then as a reward for honesty a mod added a gig of data to it.

@mellondon 

That's fantastic...I didn't know they could add a specific amount of data to an existing add on or plan data alottment. That's a much easier solution than crediting back unused portions. That gives us another possible suggestion for redress with missing or unused data in unusual circumstances like yours....it was @AE_Collector who identified the cause of your issue was your renewal kicking the add on to the background because the system can't differentiate between a add on with an expiry date and add ons without.

@mellondon  glad all works out well.    PM moderators are nice and they usually try to accommodate our requests as much as they can.   Bravo to the Moderators!!!

mellondon

Hello all,  public mobile stepped up and we came to a satisfactory solution. They took the remaining unused roaming add on data and added to my regular add on. I’m back in the USA Today and all is good. And I gave special recognition to the moderators involved in this unique situation.
cheers

Don  

mellondon

These are all great solutions. Thank you 

@mellondon 

It's great to see your shout out to the moderators who sorted you out. I would love to hear what their solution was to your unique issue.

@AE_Collector 

A good will gesture of course but more of a special accomodation that the OP could pre-arrange depending on his schedule. A customer shouldn't be shortchanged because public mobile cannot  deliver its service once purchased. Pm has to work with the customer to come up with a compromise that satisfies both sides.

Trying to program a fix for this anomoly for @mellondon and the occasional other user with this plan who may run into this in the future would be a giant waste of time and money. So go with the simple fix....credit back any unused US days (×$2/day) when a renewal coincides with a roaming add on duration. Then if the OP runs out of US roaming plan data before renewal they have the choice of putting the credit towards purchasing another roaming add on for the duration of their 30 day cycle and days/time left in the US.

Either that or add a complimentary roaming add on upon request of the customer once their roaming plan data runs out that is as close to the unused portion of add on roaming data that was unable to be used/accessed after the renewal. ie. 250mb etc....

Such an odd situation affecting as close to “nobody” as possible. Not to diminish the “annoying” factor part of the scenario. With no other plans that would have this odd quirk except the US roaming plan that was discontinued over 1 1/2 years ago, and then factoring in how relatively infrequently someone would need to add a US roaming add-on to the plan...it will likely be difficult to get much interest in the problem.... unfortunately. 

I don't know what else to say other than to run it past the moderators but whatever they come up with if anything will likely be a one time Goodwill thing that wont put a fix in place for any times in the future.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

Nice pick up....I didn't quite clue in to the roaming add on getting kicked to the bottom of the pile vs stop working altogether.

When the moderators were fixing the US roaming add on glitch over New Years did they simply remove the add on and put the full 10 days of roaming back on or did they only add back the amount of days that were adversely affected?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhhh!!! I didn't read his history. Now I get that perplexing part about plan data.

No indeed @mellondon  , it's doing what all add-ons do. You use plan features first while valid, once consumed it looks for add-on features, once consumed you got nuttin' until you buy more add-ons.

At renewal, plan features come back, add-ons step back. It's how they all work. And it's only that plan with US data that would notice this with a time-limited add-on.

Trying to remember the scenario here from last time. @mellondon has the $60 Roaming plan I think. Buying the 10 day roaming add-on is to supplement the month because the 2 GB of roaming data was consumed I think. So now with this current 10 day roaming add-on still being mostly unused and a return to the USA during the 10 days but AFTER the monthly (30 day) plan renewal, the add-on sits at the back rather than being consumed first. It isn't that plan renewal screws something up, it moves the 10 day add-on to the bottom of the heap instead of using it up and conserving plan data for after the add-on has expired.

I can see it being set up that way but it isn't really right/fair in this situation. Then @mellondon winds up running out of plan roaming data 3 weeks from now and may need to buy another add-on. Am I remembering the correct scenario?

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : lol and I would suggest crossing that bridge when necessary 🙂 We all know how inconsistent the mods can be.

@Anonymous 

I agree...it would be good if @mellondon is willing to be the guinea pig and test out the what's and the why's this glitch is happening but I think it would be nice for them to have the assurance from the moderators that they can be credited back for the portion of service that for whatever the reason pm cannot deliver on due to circumstance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I don't think we have sufficient facts to nail this down to investigate. I'd want the OP to go through this experience again. Maybe even deposit sufficient funds into Available Funds to cover the plan cost to avoid an autopay failure if he has that set on. Then go to the states and see if the roaming works.

I suppose technically coming back sees Telus towers again. So maybe. It's not many people that pop in and out of the states inside of 10 days. Trucks, airlines etc. And then the pandemic.

@mellondon 

And since your last visit here you are still the only person to have mentioned this particular quirk... fixing it is probably more work than its worth.....especially if its only you asking for $8 or $10 or $12 in credits a couple of times a year.

Maybe the new community manager @J_PM  can comment on the likelihood of a fix or a work around credit?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mellondon : A quick search and of course this has been asked before and the response seems to be as I suspected. I wonder if your prior experience was that the plan didn't renew. As long as the service remains active, the roaming add-ons should carry through.

mellondon

True. I don’t need to purchase add on very often but the last time I did that’s exactly what happened 

mellondon

Thanks I will 

mellondon
  • Great thanks 

mellondon

Good idea. Thanks 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon 

Good question....probably not. Contact the moderators and enquire. If they haven't made any changes then ask for a partial credit for the days you lose out on using the add on....$2× days? Then at least you are getting the value of the days you can use and a credit for the days you are unable to use that can then be put towards payment of the next US roaming data add on or part of your plan cost.

Anonymous
Not applicable

the best way you have to contact moderator,

• you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mellondon...

your best to contact a moderator about that concern. Go to top of this page click Get Help / Chat with Simon, to start that process.

Let us know if they can help with your concern.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mellondon : Hmm...let me get this straight.

Buy add-on while in the states.

Use it a bit there.

Come back.

Plan renews.

Go back to the states within the 10 days of the add-on.

The add-on doesn't work?

That add-on should be valid until about the 4th. Renewing the plan shouldn't affect it. We recently read of a customer coincidentally losing service all together when the add-on expired. But this one is new to me.

Need Help? Let's chat.