cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here was something I was wondering PM should do

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

IF people want the LTE speeds, why not create a Talk+Text Plan that is Unlimited, for BOTH Can-Wide and Can-Wide + US L-D stand alone w/o the data and then if people buy the Data Add-On, LTE Speeds at least

7 REPLIES 7

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 Telus doesn't want more internal competition. They want you go to Koodo for faster data.

Thanks @Anonymous 

That's interesting info to know.  So no currently offered plans ever receive anything better than 3G (except in the first 72 hours or so after activation til they're throttled down...  i believe i've read that in some threads awhile back)

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 

But you are making it sound as though PM is stuck with “3G only” from a company providing them network access. Well... yeah ...I know that IS basically the situation. But it isn't that PM can look for ways around the rules, they literally ARE Telus offering a senate lineup of 3G plans at a lower price to not lose that share of the market.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

Is that because data add-ons are better than 3G?  

And is that for certain and written somewhere on the PM website's help articles?

@HALIMACS : Click on Plans then way down click on T&C's and find point 5:

Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@makkahn28 wrote:

IF people want the LTE speeds, why not create a Talk+Text Plan that is Unlimited, for BOTH Can-Wide and Can-Wide + US L-D stand alone w/o the data and then if people buy the Data Add-On, LTE Speeds at least

This would come down to build your plan and we all know PM got rid of that option a long time ago.  I don't see PM going back to that feature as that isn't what their competitors have and PM has become a Market follower and not the market disrupter it once was.

Having various data speed options in the add-on section seems to be something that the self-serve had issues with before (or at least that is what we were told) and would create various issues with purchases and plan renewals (seems we still have those issues without the plan builder)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I  think you won’t see LTE as 3G is part of PM’s low cost business model. I like PM as it is today.....I like their cost management savings that are passed on to us. Will PM have LTE when 5G comes? I don’t know. If you really need LTE or 5G then perhaps another low cost carrier would be your best resolution. 

Disclaimer: I am old, real old, and data is not essential for me but I sure make the best use of it. I do like it!😀😀

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I guess so, @makkahn28 

Is that because data add-ons are better than 3G?  

And is that for certain and written somewhere on the PM website's help articles?

Need Help? Let's chat.