Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's what I Think PM needs to do to mak the plans more desired and loved

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

They really need to have plans that cater first to what ppl want

So, Talk plans ONLY if ppl only need this

Text Plans ONLY if ppl only need this

IF ppl chose a plan that had NO Data on BUT had Talk and Text and chose Data Add-Ons, the speeds being LTE and not that 3G Speed thing, I read something on the Terms thing and it said something along those lines and I think that PM should offer 4G LTE Speed Plans as well, IF ppl want this, PM should be open to entertaining these as well

Perhaps having a 60 Day cycle as well would be nice

I just think that they should not be copying Lucky Charms or Chatr or those and be more Unique and original, perhaps offering some things like how Virgin Mobile does, to a extent that makes more sense

Just saying, I think that some housekeeping is in order to straighten out what was going on and whipping PM back into shape and showing that this not some public mobile, BUT WE ARE the NEW, IMPROVED, MEAN MACHINE Public Mobile

Even adding more to Roaming once conditions improve can also give PM something to talk about

5 REPLIES 5

I believe that there would be very little demand for talk only or text only plans. I also can't see it happening as Public Mobile went out of their way to eliminate the previous $10 plan and all Plan Builder options.

I don't see why pm can't include an unlimited talk and text plan for $10. when our renewal date passes, our payment history shows 2 charges($10 for talk and text and the other for data). 

full LTE speeds are gone because of the complaints in 2018. either way, full LTE is just marketing and 99% of the population doesn't need it. same with 5g. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I personally like the shaw mobile model

Base plan talk and text then purchase data add-ons to fit need. Valid for 90 days.

But as always the company will do whats best for shareholders not the customer

PM used to have a plan building calculator which allowed customers to select which features they wanted. It provided more flexibility, it allowed people to pay only for what they wanted, it allowed people to not "waste" money buying things unwanted.

PM quietly killed the plan building calculator. They allowed it to languish for a while (prices and options equal or sometimes worse than PM's pre-built counterpart plans) then subtly announced its removal with the claim that not enough people were using it.

I don't expect it to return. PM deliberately removed it. PM deliberately streamlined its in-market plan structure to maintain parity with Lucky/Chatr plan structures - they basically all sell exactly the same plans at exactly the same prices, and while they each have different gimmicks and promos they all collectively refuse to rock the boat. Customer "options" to exceed Plan provisions now take the form of more Add-ons. Or the form of evolution up the Big Three tier ladder. I think it's clear to many observers that this was PM's (and Lucky's, and Chatr's) strategy all along.

So I think this whole suggestion to step back to the Old Ways just ain't gonna happen. Not until/unless the Big Three change their postures back towards aggressive (and costly) competition over a limited resource (a fixed number of Canadian mobile subscribers).

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Things have become a bit stale here lately with other 1st tier providers including Telus offering more for the $$ thus reducing the gap between them and PM.

I have wondered about the $15 plan allowing the choice of 250 Mb of data OR unlimited outgoing voice if on Autopay. Apparently that isn't easily done the way they actually give the current data whether on autopay or not to solve the “other problem” (3G vs 4G data add-on). 

I don't really see the point of 60 day plans. They had 30 and 90 day plans until about 1 year ago. Most often the 30 day plans worked out to the same or better bargain so to streamline things they eliminated the 90 day plans.

Lots of innovative things could be looked at I thing. PM does have one thing that beats most of the others and that is the level of rewards offered. I dont think anyone offers the stackability of rewards like PM and I worry about cut backs in this area if they try to one up some of the other providers indifferent areas.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.